How to manage and adjust timing with Foreign Buyers as we are Asian

sharminslucky

Question

The Asian seller like me a is facing a very tough challenge to adjust the timing with our foreign buyers. To get tasks from foreign buyers we have to be active at night time.  Somebody uses extensions but I believe it is not fruitful as you can not discuss or have conversation with a probable client. It is very important to impress the client by your messages and discussion. 

So I want suggestions to overcome this. I could not sleep for many days and it is very harmful for health.

For a working individual I am facing problem of shortage of sleep.

• Like 11

3 answers to this question

You don't have to adjust and should NOT adjust either!!

All veteran sellers on the platform will tell you the same thing too. Work when it is day time for you, simple!! 

I have never encountered a single buyer on the platform, who asked me to stay awake or align my timings with their time zone. Be professional and respect yourself as a professional too, then only buyers will respect you too. And learn to say NO, if someone asks you to stay awake.

(Also, yes - exceptions to this happen in very rare cases, when they need to meet a deadline and I have promised/committed the final delivery to them.)

• Like 14

1 hour ago, sharminslucky said:

The Asian seller like me a is facing a very tough challenge to adjust the timing with our foreign buyers. To get tasks from foreign buyers we have to be active at night time.  Somebody uses extensions but I believe it is not fruitful as you can not discuss or have conversation with a probable client. It is very important to impress the client by your messages and discussion. 

So I want suggestions to overcome this. I could not sleep for many days and it is very harmful for health.

For a working individual I am facing problem of shortage of sleep.

My Technique:

Instead of working late or sacrificing sleep to accommodate my USA clients, I wake up early in the morning (around 3:30 or 4:00 am). After my morning prayer, I get ready for work. This timing coincides with when small business owners are finishing their day and looking for freelancers. By responding instantly, I have been able to secure enough clients.

• Like 9
  • Up 1