Buyer placed order without discussion

Hi there, Today I just received another order without prior discussion. It was last night and I was sleeping. Early morning I just found the notification. Luckily The requirements are in favor of me. I am afraid about if any buyer place order without prior discussion and if it seems not favorable for me to complete the task, what should I do ? I am afraid about cancellation of order will ruin my gig impression or not?
Hope to have clear explanation from experts.
Thanking you.

• Like 7

Hi – you are quite right. It is definitely a concern, especially given how the new Fiverr Level System impacts profiles when an order is canceled.

I usually add a disclaimer at the top of each gig description. Something like this:
** BEFORE PLACING AN ORDER, PLEASE CONTACT ME TO DISCUSS YOUR REQUIREMENTS **

Granted this does not prevent those who may skip reading the gig description and then place an order, but at least you are trying your very best to avoid it.

Also, if you offer reasonable prices (rather than basic $5 packages) that can help attract quality clients who carefully read the service descriptions and understand what they are actually purchasing.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, agonza1101 said:

Hi – you are quite right. It is definitely a concern, especially given how the new Fiverr Level System impacts profiles when an order is canceled.

I usually add a disclaimer at the top of each gig description. Something like this:
** BEFORE PLACING AN ORDER, PLEASE CONTACT ME TO DISCUSS YOUR REQUIREMENTS **

Granted this does not prevent those who may skip reading the gig description and then place an order, but at least you are trying your very best to avoid it.

Also, if you offer reasonable prices (rather than basic $5 packages) that can help attract quality clients who carefully read the service descriptions and understand what they are actually purchasing.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Most of the time the buyers placed orders without discussing. You have to check the requirements sections what sort of details/files they have provided and if everything is good, send a thank you message and explain the project scope to the buyer.

If they haven't submitted the requirements, please ask for the details and files related to the project.

• 3 weeks later...

It already happened to me. If the requirements are missing you can contact support and ask them to cancel without affecting your rate for complete orders, but if you have incomplete requirements and time is running out I suggest delivering anything and explaining to the buyer that you need more details . canceling or missing the deadline is not an option. I've done this before