How many sellers can a (new) buyer contact for a custom project without getting flagged for spam?

accenturevenva

Question

Hello,

as the title says. I newly registered on Fiverr as a buyer and am looking to put together a team of at least 5 freelancers for different jobs for a project. I need to message and prospect many different potential hires. This is for a job where I need some through expertise and need to gather a pool of potential hires first and then select the right fit.

Is there a limit that I should be aware of? How many freelancers can I message my job proposal without getting flagged for spam?

I'm pretty sure at some point the system might auto-flag me prospecting freelancers. Does anyone have information as to what message limit is safe (for a new user) / per day?

Thank you.

• Like 3

1 answer to this question

1 hour ago, accenturevenva said:

Hello,

as the title says. I newly registered on Fiverr as a buyer and am looking to put together a team of at least 5 freelancers for different jobs for a project. I need to message and prospect many different potential hires. This is for a job where I need some through expertise and need to gather a pool of potential hires first and then select the right fit.

Is there a limit that I should be aware of? How many freelancers can I message my job proposal without getting flagged for spam?

I'm pretty sure at some point the system might auto-flag me prospecting freelancers. Does anyone have information as to what message limit is safe (for a new user) / per day?

Thank you.

It all depends on your approach. The system may flag messages that appear too similar or if there's a sudden surge in messages. We're not familiar with all the inner workings of the spam detection system, simply because that knowledge could end up in the wrong hands.

So instead of focusing on quantity, prioritize quality. Customize your messages for each seller, and ensure your requests are reasonable.

As long as your requests are genuine and comply with the terms of service, you shouldn't encounter any issues.

However, if you're simply  copy/pasting the same message to multiplesellers in a short period, you're likely to get flagged. I hope this clarifies things for you!

• Like 2