IS CHANGING GIG MAIN CATEGORY POSSIBLE?

dejanpetrovik

Question

I have a few gigs that were created way before the appropriate categories existed. I was wondering, if someone has experienced help from customer support in getting these gigs moved to the most appropriate categories now?

• Like 9
  • Up 1

8 answers to this question

Just now, dejanpetrovik said:

I have a few gigs that were created way before the appropriate categories existed. I was wondering, if someone has experienced help from customer support in getting these gigs moved to the most appropriate categories now?

No. Main/Parent Category cannot be changed. Only sub-categories can be changed.

If you want to change the main category then you will have to delete the gig and create it again using the right main category. 

Read the following article on "Editing a Gig":

Link: https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/4599462511377-Editing-a-Gig

Source: Fiverr Help Center > Gigs > Editing & managing your Gig

• Like 6
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1

On 3/2/2024 at 7:17 AM, smartdezigns said:

If you want to change the main category then you will have to delete the gig and create it again using the right main category. 

Hi, thanks for your answer. Customer support contacted me this morning requesting the links to the relevant gigs. I've provided that information and I'll await further updates.
  • Like 6
  • Congrats! 1

On 3/2/2024 at 7:17 AM, smartdezigns said:

They could change it. I think it was possible  in this context only because the appropriate category didn't exist at the time the gig was created. 

• Like 6

20 hours ago, smartdezigns said:

Did you get it changed then?

Yes I did. I received a notification and the condition was to act fast. I wanted to change the category of 2 gigs. One of them got deleted because I mistakenly added it in a subcategory that needs live video to be approved. Tried to stop it, send an email to CS, but they deleted it 🙂...that gig had only 11 orders. Creating a new one as we speak.

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, dejanpetrovik said:

Yes I did. I received a notification and the condition was to act fast. I wanted to change the category of 2 gigs. One of them got deleted because I mistakenly added it in a subcategory that needs live video to be approved. Tried to stop it, send an email to CS, but they deleted it 🙂...that gig had only 11 orders. Creating a new one as we speak.

You still had to create a new gig even you got it changed? :classic_huh:

• Like 4

21 hours ago, smartdezigns said:

You still had to create a new gig even you got it changed? :classic_huh:

They opened the possibility for me to change the main category, I added a subcategory that is not exactly appropriate and the gig automatically went in pending status, I immediately wrote an email to point my mistake but the gig was denied anyway. I recreated the same gig yesterday and today it was denied again, I received warning and level demotion. The reason stated was that the gig was not appropriate for the marketplace. The gig offered premade content done by me and it was on my profile for 2 years without any issues. I can still see gigs offering premade contend and I don't understand what is going on actually. 

• Like 3