Tired Sellers Cancel Gig day of deadline

aprilgabrielle

I have had two sellers cancel their gigs on the day or after the gig is due? When did they realize they could not perform according to their promise. This is aggravating especially when I could have used someone else and I’m waiting for the project to complete. If I agree to cancel can I still leave negative feedback? I could not find this option with the previous seller. If a seller cannot do the job, say so from the beginning… don’t wait until the 9th hour to decide. I can’t tell you how livid this makes me.

I’ll be honest it’s almost worth not getting my money back to give the negative feedback, I contacted the several 24, 48 hours after the deadline checking status, no response. Not until Fiverr sent their message… I need to contact admin to ask them to reconsider this option because sellers can use this cancellation as a method to refrain from receiving negative feedback. I mean is there a way for me to see how many incomplete assignments a seller has in conjunction with their 99% positive feedback? I have no clue…

If you look at their feedbacks at the bottom of the gig, and if they had any negative feedbacks, there is a drop down so you can look at their negative feedback only.

Understand where you are coming from but I’m sure the seller’s side of the story is different than yours.

As both a buyer and seller on fiverr, let me say this will not be the last time you will run into a problem. I have just as many issues with buyers as I’m sure buyer’s do with sellers.

Here is the jest of my 4 years of experience on the Fiverr. Rarely does it pay to get in to a pissing contest. Lets say you give the buyer a low rating, obviously he will rate you the same way.

You go to buy another gig, the seller googles your rating and sees your negative rating and how you rate sellers. They won’t want to risk doing business with you based on the feedback you gave or was given by other sellers.

If you plan on doing more business on Fiverr, I’d cancel and move on, but obviously the final decision is up to you.

I am totally disgusted with this site so far. I have been trying to get someone to do a fix on a responsive wordpress theme and tried many a people claiming they can do it. They take the money, then cancel after 14 days. It is wasting my time. I also have been in touch with some new people on here using the contact us option to see if they can handle the work, tell me what it would cost etc… NO REPLY, nothing. I have been trying for over a month now with no resolve. This site should really keep better track of the sellers and see if they are communicating with potential people instead of wasting our time. I know the gigs are worth only 5 dollars, but I am willing to pay more to get this stuff done. Seriously… either answer, do the work or get the hell off the site and stop wasting our time.

Reply to @aprilgabrielle: To actually answer your question, yes; you can see anyone’s cancellation rating on their gig, so if you are wondering how often they cancel their gigs, or have them canceled by the buyer, just go to their profile, open all their gigs in tabs, and scroll through. It only takes a minute, and gives you a good idea if they are actually going to be able to complete the job you want done and do it in a reasonable time.

Reply to @steveeyes: I agree with this. Leaving negative feedback should only be done in extreme situations.

I know I have canceled orders on the day they are due before - I think this only happened twice that I can remember, and I will explain why, so that people who don’t understand why this is being done may have a greater understanding next time it happens to them.

All of my base gigs and most of my gig extras can be completed within a day (a few hours really), I just give myself 4 days to get any other work ahead in the queue taken care of, make sure I have time to dedicate to your project, and above anything else, to entice you, as a buyer, to order my extra fast gig extra to have it done in 24 hours.

Most likely I am going to look over your order details when you place the order and make sure everything is satisfactory, ask you for any additional details if needed, and then leave your order to sit for a day or two. I may have other jobs ahead of yours, and wont be starting until the day it is due. If something happens that makes me not be able to complete your order - something I find out on the day I started working on it - the day it is due, then of course you are going to want me to cancel. Simple as that really (for me at least).

I have sent messages to several sellers and I dont ever get a response. I dont get it. Do they want to work or not? Now, I read comments about this and I am in complete agreement that someone should do THIS for $5…Someone who gets paid to leave negative feedback all over the place regarding specific Fiverr Sellers…That would at least get them out of here!

Archived