Funds refunded after months of order completion

shakeel70

Question

I had an order that I completed and got 5 star review back in Feb 2023. In May 2023 Fiverr refunded the order saying the buyer cancelled the order. I contacted the buyer as they were a previous client and I had their contact. They told me Fiverr disabled their account and they can not log in.
I contacted Fiverr and this was their reply:

"After reviewing your order with hardtech12, we decided you do not meet all the requirements of our seller protection policy.
Therefore, the funds have been deducted from your account."

Will the buyer get that refund in their bank because their Fiverr account is already disabled?

Let me know if this is something that has happened to anyone.

Thanks.

• Like 12
  • Up 1

3 answers to this question

34 minutes ago, shakeel70 said:

They told me Fiverr disabled their account and they can not log in.

Maybe the buyer asked for a refund via Pay Pal or their bank. When that happens their Fiverr account is disabled.

I had someone that requested a refund 6 months after order completion, even if they purchased stuff in the meantime from others and obviously had time to check what I did. But that might be their pattern, to ask for a refund many months after. So it does happen, I was a victim of that as well. as for meeting the protection policy.. that's up to Fiverr, I don't think there's a clear indication of what meets the protection policy. 

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
  • Up 2

3 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Maybe the buyer asked for a refund via Pay Pal or their bank. When that happens their Fiverr account is disabled.

I had someone that requested a refund 6 months after order completion, even if they purchased stuff in the meantime from others and obviously had time to check what I did. But that might be their pattern, to ask for a refund many months after. So it does happen, I was a victim of that as well. as for meeting the protection policy.. that's up to Fiverr, I don't think there's a clear indication of what meets the protection policy. 

I don't know, the client did have multiple accounts and they have ordered me before. I can't say if they are lying but even if they are not, what's the procedure? Will the full amount be refunded to their bank?

• Like 8
  • Up 1

So if you're unhappy with an online purchase you can go to your bank or Pay Pal and they can refund you.

When Fiverr receives such a request, they automatically comply and the buyer account gets removed from the platform. But as you said, if a person has multiple accounts, they couldn't care less if they lose one of many accounts. It's bad for sellers if they choose to do this since everything is removed.

• Like 11
  • Sad 1