Hardest part of selling on Fiverr: getting a chance

jeroenfootyedit

I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this, but…

Not so long ago, I starting making gigs on Fiverr, but I haven’t got an order yet.

I think that is the hardest part of selling on Fiverr: getting a chance from somebody. Once somebody orders something from me, they will see my quality products and I will get a positive rating. But as long as nobody gives you a chance, you won’t get a positive rating and positive reviews.

So right now, I’m actually checking my Fiverr every hour 😉

Do you agree and how was your first order?

I think that the marketplace is flooded with so many similar gigs that it is hard for new sellers to enter the market. With that said, I think that new sellers need to differentiate themselves and give buyers a reason to go with them rather than creating the same gig and hoping to get orders. Hope is never a solid strategy.

Reply to @madmoo: Yes, first one is always the hardest I guess. Thanks for the tip, I will try to promote my gigs a bit more.

Thanks, yeah, I’m watching the final. (Extra time about to begin). Bit sad that we aren’t in it, but it isn’t a spectacular match either. I think Germany will win…

I agree with you, I only just started and haven’t got an order yet, and I know that I need to wait for people to come and be patient but this post made me realize that I should be broadening my gigs so that they are different to everyone else’s, everyone needs a unique selling point. But people are not going to go to you if you are the same as someone they trust, why should they change seller why there is no unique selling point. Unique gigs will get you people who can’t find it anywhere else and they will start to build trust in you. Sorry 🙂

Guest celticmoon

Reply to @jeroenfootyedit: My deepest apologies. I guess I mistook someone checking his Fiverr account hourly for his first sale as possibly being a tad impatient and overanxious. Obviously, I was very wrong.

If you use the forum search engine, you’ll find this is a rather common question, and has engendered a great many discussions and helpful information for newcomers. But another discussion can be fun, too.

I am not sure but I feel like its all related -

If you get a chance from 1 buyer, you got more and more views and therefore more and more chance to receive order.

I feel like when I get 1 inbox message, then it continue to have more inquiry

If nobody message me 1-2days, I got no order for the rest until “next time”

Well that’s hard…but not the hardest. 🙂

It is not just the fiverr, anywhere you start - it takes time to let you appear and prove your existence.

I too waited for 15 days for my first order but then I realized that something was not right with my gig - it was not attractive enough to catch buyers. Then with some modification done, I started catching what I was waiting for. 🙂

Yes the hardest parts are - getting a poor rating on excellent delivery. Buyer not replying on communication and we as a seller worry for the time limit. Bully buyers and all…there are many.

All the best for your gig, may you get the best of your expectations. 🙂

• Vijay

Archived