Why with this "Hi"...

keanoveart

I'm a new Fiverr seller and already got some buyers, but this past week, some buyers with sus accounts and names message me and only say Hi. After I reply to them with "how can I help you?"... some of it is just gone but there are some of them also make a reply with a confusing request. Such as "I have multiple separate characters that need a lewd drawing for commercial purposes and I make about 5-7 characters in a week and now the artist is no longer available so I am in search for an artist who can pick up the project and make up 5-7 nsfw and sfw character for us in a week. I would need you to make a sample of your best work with this sent character to qualify as I am sending this to other sellers to get someone good for us and if this turns out fine you will be rewarded. Is this what you can do?"

But what makes me doubt is that their PP mostly uses a beautiful woman with an empty history of activity here, most of it just a newly created account. I just don't know how to respond to them anymore, because for me they look like spam... But I don't know if I ignore them after I reply to them for the first time will still ruin my response rate or not. 🙄

• Like 4

I think they are just asking for a free sample that they will then run away with (if it's a new account with no orders or reviews from sellers it's possible.) Some sellers might also message you to try and get you to give them work (not sure who said that was a good idea but just marking is as spam works.

Anything that asks for free work I usually decline or if they seem flexible, tell them it'll cost x. If they are serious about it, they'll buy it. If not, not. 

• Like 4

For the last few weeks, I have been receiving lots of spams messages. I get 2-3 messages everyday who ask me to work for a company and they all want to communicate by other means. I mark them as spam at once and according to Fiverr I get this message - This will not affect your response rate. So I think it very safe to mark suspicious messages as spam. All of these suspicious accounts have zero reviews and no activity and they are always newly created. So these are the red flags that you should look out for when dealing with buyers.

Thanks for reading.

• Like 3

Thank you so much for all of the replies, and yeah they keep coming up with some ridiculous requests even though it looks like a common request. It's just that their choice of words makes me hesitate sometimes. I guess I must really be careful more for now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1