Payment and order completion

midwestprospect

Question

Hello - From a buyer's perspective, when is an order considered complete? I understand, buyers have 13 days to review and approve the project. When I go to accept the offer, I am prompted to may full payment even though the project hasn't begun yet. If I pay the full amount at the beginning of the project, and I have 13 days to review and approve the project, when does that 13-day period begin? In other words, what does trigger project completion and acceptance?

Second questions: Are sellers able to create a custom offer page? I have gone through the details with the seller and have provided the seller with a requirements document, yet when I received a link for the 'custom offer' from the seller, it takes me to seller's generic package page and none of my specifications are shown. How can I make sure the seller is referencing the requirements document as part of my order?

Could you point me to a written procedure on these items? Thank you so much.

• Like 6

1 answer to this question

4 hours ago, midwestprospect said:

How can I make sure the seller is referencing the requirements document as part of my order?

Hi @midwestprospect!

Don't accept a custom offer unless it includes all of your requirements. If the seller sends you a gig link, request a custom offer. Sellers can create custom offers that include all the details and requirements that a buyer wants. Offers are your contract - if something isn't on the contract, the seller isn't obligated to deliver it (even if they mention it in the inbox chats). If your custom offer is too vague, ask your seller to create a new, more detailed offer.

5 hours ago, midwestprospect said:

When I go to accept the offer, I am prompted to may full payment even though the project hasn't begun yet.

Buyers pay upfront to start an order, sellers can't start on the project unless it's paid for. Once paid for, the order will show up on the seller's dashboard and the order starts when all order requirements are submitted.

This allows the seller to start on the project. However, the seller doesn't get the money. Fiverr holds the buyer's money until the order closes and the clearance period passes (usually 14 days after an order closes).

5 hours ago, midwestprospect said:

buyers have 13 days to review and approve the project.

This is not exactly correct - buyers have 3 days to review the order. During this review period, the buyer can accept the order, extend the review period, request a revision, or allow the order to auto-close after 3 days.

The review period can be extended up to 5 days at a time, indefinitely. Sellers will also specify how many revisions are included in each order. Once an order is in revision mode, it'll stay in revision mode until the seller redelivers the order with the buyer's requested changes.

Once the order closes (either by the buyer or auto closing), the project is considered closed and the clearance period for the seller's earning begins (again, this is usually 14 days). Once the earnings are cleared, sellers will receive 80% of the order total (tips included).

Buyers have 14 days from the delivery date to leave a public review of the seller's services. This is done on a 5-point scale, comments included. There are also 2 private reviews you can leave on the seller if you aren't comfortable with leaving a public review. All of these reviews are completely optional.

• Like 5