I need advice...

kaylavanormer

Question

I currently have a client who secured my gig over a month ago now and I am starting to feel very frustrated and am not sure how I should proceed. For context, I am a digital marketer and social media manager who creates content, strategy, and scheduling.  The client in question secured my social media management which included content creation, no strategy, and scheduling.  

She gave me no direction (which is okay) and told me she wanted me to use her logo color, which is one color, then only to come back to say she hated the logo color and wanted an entire new calendar (30 days worth of posts), pretty much waisting an entire day of my time.  I get that this is the business so I re-did it.  It then took her over a week and a half to get back to me with more revisions and what she wanted, I feel that she is trying to get me to copy others work which I won't do.  

Now she is wanting more and more posts and I feel that I have spent hours on this client and am getting no where, and feel that I am being taken advantage of because she just wants more content.  

I am newer to this industry as a freelancer, any and all advice on how I should handle this would be great, even if it is just encouragement to hang in there. 

• Like 4
  • Up 2

1 answer to this question

4 hours ago, kaylavanormer said:

I currently have a client who secured my gig over a month ago now and I am starting to feel very frustrated and am not sure how I should proceed. For context, I am a digital marketer and social media manager who creates content, strategy, and scheduling.  The client in question secured my social media management which included content creation, no strategy, and scheduling.  

She gave me no direction (which is okay) and told me she wanted me to use her logo color, which is one color, then only to come back to say she hated the logo color and wanted an entire new calendar (30 days worth of posts), pretty much waisting an entire day of my time.  I get that this is the business so I re-did it.  It then took her over a week and a half to get back to me with more revisions and what she wanted, I feel that she is trying to get me to copy others work which I won't do.  

Now she is wanting more and more posts and I feel that I have spent hours on this client and am getting no where, and feel that I am being taken advantage of because she just wants more content.  

I am newer to this industry as a freelancer, any and all advice on how I should handle this would be great, even if it is just encouragement to hang in there. 

Not all are same here. You can do what she say after this project done don't take any order from her. Or you can ask for help to customer support. But 1st one is better.

• Like 5