Customer order undervalued - Project actually much more expensive.

rusualexandru

Question

Hi, my friends.
First of all, I apologize for any English mistakes.
I have the following situation. 
A customer has placed an order with a price of, say, 25 dollars. 
In reality, the customer should pay 50 dollars for the project at the time of my offer on the website. Instead, he placed the order paying only half of the real value of the project.
I wrote him twice and got no reply from him.
Through "Resolution Center," I asked to change the order to the real value of the project. However, I received a waiting time of four days from the customer. If the customer disagrees with my proposal, the order is canceled, but I have to wait four days. 
I should be able to deliver this project now in six hours maximum. 

My question is. 
If I don't deliver the order in 6 hours and wait four days for a reply from the Resolution Center or the customer, do I risk any penalty?
Thank you in advance for any answer that can clarify for me.

6 answers to this question

This is a complicated part actually.

We know that if there a request made through resolution center, It's tagged with dispute status till the buyer/seller accept the request. So basically 4 days period of acceptance.
As you mentioned, in the meantime the delivery deadline is approaching as well.

So better option is discussing through Fiverr Support team with a ticket and wait for the response.
Or to maintain a good relationship with the buyer and also overcome the situation, you can complete the task and initiate delivery.

With the delivery, you can share him this additional amount required which can be paid through additional gig extra payment given below or by tips.

Then you can send a gig extra with required amount.

We understand that sometimes, this can happen and also sometimes, buyer could be unreachable. But there are couple of options we can follow to overcome the situation.

Thank you for your answer.

In the end, I chose to deliver the order this way, but I opened a resolution ticket and asked for a response from them. 

I also suggested to them to prevent such situations. 

Have a nice day and good luck with your work.

Alexandru 🙂

1 hour ago, rusualexandru said:

In the end, I chose to deliver the order this way,

Why did you decide to deliver the order if it was half of the price? 
that doesn’t look good and opens you for the manipulation from a client. What he will see is he placed wrong order, you asked for more money but you still delivered it at half a price. 

1 hour ago, rusualexandru said:

I also suggested to them to prevent such situations. 

They can’t prevent those situations, it’s up to you to manage it or ask support to cancel the order if the client is unresponsive and placed wrong package 

On 3/19/2022 at 5:57 PM, mariashtelle1 said:
On 3/19/2022 at 4:22 PM, rusualexandru said:

In the end, I chose to deliver the order this way,

You may be correct, but new sellers are found out in this situation. 
So far, I have canceled orders placed wrongly or simply the customer wanted to coerce me into making the order at the price that would have suited them.
And guess what has happened to me every time?
My "Order Completion" rating dropped. After three canceled orders within 60 days, it drops from 100 to below 90. 
This can affect your ranking in the field. And, after a while, you don't understand why you're at the bottom of the list.  
We had a situation where the customer ordered and then canceled the order because they didn't get a chance to read the offer and conditions. And in that situation, my rating went down. 
From my point of view, I say it is a vulnerability of the seller in the relationship with the buyer.
I suggested they have an option whereby the seller has a maximum of 2 hours to evaluate if the buyer placed the order correctly according to their offer. 
Have the option to refuse if the conditions of the offer are not met. 

19 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

ask support to cancel the order if the client is unresponsive and placed wrong package 

Thanks for the advice. In the future, I will do so. 
So far, we have tried to contact the customer, and if we didn't get a response in time, we canceled the order. 

Archived