Cancellation Request

emanuelbl

A buyer wanted to cancel the order of my gig, he said he ordered by mistake. He was very polite, he just made a mistake.

I have accepted cancelation. But, now I'm thinking: If the buyer cancel his order, will that impact standards that are needed to remain a Level Two Seller?

Did you have similar experiences, and what did you do? What should I do if something similar happens in the future.

I have just found this on fiver support page:

Can I avoid a cancellation’s effect on my Order Completion Rate?
All cancellations, including those handled by Customer Support, can affect your OCR. On rare occasions (such as fraudulent purchases, buyers ordering by mistake, or the seller not having enough information to start working on an order) cancellation will be handled as to not impact your OCR. If your order is canceled under such circumstances, reach out to Customer Support to investigate the effect of the cancellation on your account.

Regrettably it will usually impact your order completion rate as any cancellation counts. This is regardless of whether the cancellation is due to a genuine mistake or dissatisfaction. Luckily if it was a one off, then its very unlikely to impact your seller rating, especially if overall you keep the cancellation rate over 90%.

Guys, thank you for your input.

I will send request to the support, I'm still hoping support might solve this problem.

But I will tell you one thing, next time when something like this happens, I will do my job and provide finished work to my client, regarding his wish to cancel order, then I'm going to bring it to the resolution center and ask for third party judgment. I just will not accept another cancelation due to mistake. Why would I be the one who is "Bigger men" and then being punished for the same thing?

The same thing happened to me few times - I still have no idea how is it even possible "to place an order by mistake", but it happens sometimes.

What I do - I usually text the buyer, that it's ok, let's cancel, BUT I need to contact CS support and ask them to do this. When CS support did it, my rates wasn't affected

Archived