Gig suddenly dies, why?

tripluxx

Question

Hey everyone! First time writing here, go easy on me. 

When I first started selling on Fiverr everything went amazing. At one point, I was so up to my throat in orders, that I genuinely hoped I wouldn't get anymore (intense foreshadowing.) Fast-forward like 6 months (?), and I'm getting literally zero orders. Got two messages over the course of 2 months (Yay!). 

The last order I got was in May, why?

Important side note : I got demoted from my precious Level One seller rank a while back, but now it's back. (Long story short - Buyer ordered gig without reading it, immediately cancelled order.)

Thanks!

6 answers to this question

A few points to note:

1. Demotion can have a serious effect on sales.
2. Sellers get cycled through fiverr's advertising periodically, intentionally, on rotation regardless of performance. Seller A will be on the front page for a while, and the last page for a while, and will constantly flip between ranking all the time. This is on purpose to give everyone a chance on the first page. 
3. Buyers are often seasonal, everyone has quieter periods
4. You have 1 gig, and it's based on a video game. These gained a lot of popularity during lockdown. After lockdown, people are playing games less. In the UK lockdown ended in June. This coincides very well with when your orders stopped - so I guess it could be a factor?
5. Your niche is too niche. I searched your service on Fiverr, and almost everyone coming up has between 10 and 30 orders. It's just not that popular of a service to sustain longterm in a highly competitive niche, and your prices are higher than a lot of your competitors. Why would someone choose you, over the "Fiverr's choice" competitor who offers the same service for $15 and has 100 reviews? (I mean this as a genuine question, not as a dig). You should always be refining your gig, pricing, offering etc based on your competitors in your industry.

I hope this helps clear some things up

Gig performance seems to snowball upon itself. If your gig is doing well, it will continue to do well until something happens (like cancellation or bad feedback or unanswered messages, etc.).

In my experience, when you experience a setback (a real setback, not just the normal fluctuations), some of the process will just require patience, but this is also the time to try new things. Revamp your gig, add gig videos if you don't have one, maybe add some new related gigs, check and respond to buyer requests frequently. In essence, keep hustling and keep prospecting, and eventually the gravy train will get back into that old familiar greased track. 

17 hours ago, joyh97 said:

A few points to note:

1. Demotion can have a serious effect on sales.
2. Sellers get cycled through fiverr's advertising periodically, intentionally, on rotation regardless of performance. Seller A will be on the front page for a while, and the last page for a while, and will constantly flip between ranking all the time. This is on purpose to give everyone a chance on the first page. 
3. Buyers are often seasonal, everyone has quieter periods
4. You have 1 gig, and it's based on a video game. These gained a lot of popularity during lockdown. After lockdown, people are playing games less. In the UK lockdown ended in June. This coincides very well with when your orders stopped - so I guess it could be a factor?
5. Your niche is too niche. I searched your service on Fiverr, and almost everyone coming up has between 10 and 30 orders. It's just not that popular of a service to sustain longterm in a highly competitive niche, and your prices are higher than a lot of your competitors. Why would someone choose you, over the "Fiverr's choice" competitor who offers the same service for $15 and has 100 reviews? (I mean this as a genuine question, not as a dig). You should always be refining your gig, pricing, offering etc based on your competitors in your industry.

I hope this helps clear some things up

Thanks for the info!

It's actually extremely eye-opening as to how much I actually didn't know and how much I simply ignored. Plus I totally agree that my gig is massively over-priced. Originally it was 5$, but I slowly started cranking up my prices as I got more orders. With that being said - I'm still a bit confused as to how many gigs I should preferably have. I heard from a friend of mine that the more gigs you have, the less engagement you get per gig. Following that I paused all of my other gigs and focused on my most popular one. Most likely a bold move of mine.

15 hours ago, instagram_art said:

You have to do good work quality. You need to increase your communication with the buyers. You need to increase your online activity. If the buyers makes a positive comment about your service and  Fiverr Marketplace collects exclusive feedback from buyers. (That is, Fiverr collects comments from buyers about your service and communication good or bad) If buyers give Positive feedback to you. Then there is only the possibility of getting a permanent order. I think: for you to solve such problems, your communication with Bayer's and your service should be very good!

Thank You!

Thanks for the reply!

So far I don't think I've had any problems with work quality - I like to treat my clients as friends and not customers per say, so if anyone wants something changed, I'll change it without question, even if the order is already completed.

Regardless, I'll definitely try to pay more attention to my overall work quality. I won't be the first to admit that sometimes I can overlook fairly important stuff.

Thanks again!

On 11/3/2021 at 2:16 PM, tripluxx said:

heard from a friend of mine that the more gigs you have, the less engagement you get per gig.

I don't think this is true at all. Having multiple gigs is very helpful - they do need to actually be different though, you can't have two identical gigs you've just reskinned. Since they're filling different buyer needs, they shouldn't have massive overlap, and any success you get on one gig, will improve your overall profile stats and thus help your other gig get more engagement. In fact, I've heard you NEED to have multiple high quality gigs to even be considered for Top Rated down the line.

Archived