A Suspicious Buyer Behaviour Noted

traviseric17

There's something I have encountered today which I think has/can potentially affect many sellers here. 

Woke up to find this buyer already placed an order with more requirements than he had paid for, and gave me a 24-hour deadline.

I tried to reach out to him for more details or explanation but he ghosted me all through.

Went ahead to request for gig modification, which he also declined.

So I had no option than to cancel the order at the expense of my metrics--"Order Completion".

Is this really fair?

I kind of think the buyer intends to take advantage of people's businesses by threatening them because failure to deliver in time translates to poor metrics too.

And if so, I think Fiverr should find a way to combat this.

I was hoping to get to level 1 this week, but now my rates have been crashed. 

What's your experience?

If you think that the requirements is not complying with the service and price described in the gig, and also, buyer don't want to adjust the pricing or requirements, then simply reach support from the order page resolution center or directly from https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/new and explain the details and ask them to help you to cancel the order (if you want to cancel) and also help you to avoid the negative impact on your completion rate and metrics.

Thanks a lot @seven_sign.

Yes I tried to reach out to the support team but they haven't responded yet.

The reason I went ahead to cancel under the "Resolution" section is because the deadline was fast approaching, and either way, late submission would still affect my rating. He had given me 24 hours which was also unreasonable considering we had not talked before.

Now that it has already affected my metrics, is there anything the support team can do to correct that? That is if they find my complaint valid?

Thank you!

6 hours ago, traviseric17 said:

Thanks a lot @seven_sign.

Yes I tried to reach out to the support team but they haven't responded yet.

The reason I went ahead to cancel under the "Resolution" section is because the deadline was fast approaching, and either way, late submission would still affect my rating. He had given me 24 hours which was also unreasonable considering we had not talked before.

Now that it has already affected my metrics, is there anything the support team can do to correct that? That is if they find my complaint valid?

Thank you!

Fortunately the support team has responded and restored my metrics. 

So helpful!

Archived