How do I get payed upfront when I sent and offer?

camoomilla

Hello guys! I’m once again asking for your support and knowledge.
Since I’m pretty new to fiverr I only recently got a response from a buyer who I sent the offer to a couple of days ago.
He asked me for a sketch before ordering and so I did. He liked it and I asked him how do we complete te order before I get him the illustration done.
Since he’s not so talkative, I’m asking you how do we complete the orders, if the buyer gotta do it or if I have to do some more steps before! Thank you so much anyways

Unfortunately, it seems you are unaware of the basic fundamentals of how Fiverr operates and likely have already been swindled. An order should have already been placed before you ever lifted a finger to sketch anything.

Orders are submitted through two means. Buyers place an order through a seller’s gig page, fill out the order requirements page, and then wait for the seller to submit the completed delivery. The second method is the seller submits a custom order to a buyer with whom they are already in communication with and wait for the buyer to accept the offer. Then the order proceeds like the first method mentioned.

Sadly, your buyer is likely no longer talkative because he’s already got a freebie out of you and ran off.

You made a mistake already.

You must have an order BEFORE starting work.

Right now your person can walk and thumb their nose at you and CS cannot help.

DO NOT, for the safety of all involved do any work before there is a contract in place. People will ask or even act like it is expected and normal practice, but it is not, they are simply getting you to hand over your work for free and you are helping them.

If you have not already build a Portfolio using the slots in the Gig Gallery and approved outbound links. If anyone asks you to do any work, like previews, etc before hiring, decline, offer a smaller job, or just block them as they are outside of TOS.

We have had a few conversations about this recently so I advise A) read the TOS, b) search the forum for similar conversations.

🙂

You made a mistake already.

You must have an order BEFORE starting work.

Right now your person can walk and thumb their nose at you and CS cannot help.

DO NOT, for the safety of all involved do any work before there is a contract in place. People will ask or even act like it is expected and normal practice, but it is not, they are simply getting you to hand over your work for free and you are helping them.

If you have not already build a Portfolio using the slots in the Gig Gallery and approved outbound links. If anyone asks you to do any work, like previews, etc before hiring, decline, offer a smaller job, or just block them as they are outside of TOS.

We have had a few conversations about this recently so I advise A) read the TOS, b) search the forum for similar conversations.

🙂

I contacted him personally through buyers requests and he contacted me back as he was interested in what I shown.

Now, he answered me to give him my invoices and I’m way more confused.

Thanks anyways, tips appreciated, I’ll be more careful next time! 🙂

I contacted him personally through buyers requests and he contacted me back as he was interested in what I shown.

A seller doesn’t submit invoices to a buyer. A seller can submit a custom order offer to a buyer. If the buyer doesn’t accept the offer or doesn’t place an order themselves through your gig page, then you simply wasted your time giving away free work.

When you say “contacted him personally through buyers requests” I hope you mean simply by submitting an offer and not through some other avenue of communication. Buyers initiate message conversations, not sellers.

He has to click to say he is purchasing your Gig. When you responded to the BR you made an Offer. He has to Accept that - probably a big green button.

You have to know this as you are the Seller here. You have to know how to lead your customer to what you both need to have happen for a great outcome. You are no longer just someone who draws pictures, but a businessperson, a leader. This means that you need to know how to make things happen and not be the follower or victim.

Once the Job is assigned to you in the Fiverr jobs section, and the buyer has provided ALL the info you need in the Requirements Form (ooh, better go build one of them) then you start work and deliver it using the Deliver Box (hint don’t use a Zip or if you do ensure there is a jpeg loose so that gets shown in Live portfolio).

🙂

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.4dcdbf52581ea90a0a42c7a256d9c301.jpg

Archived