The Never-Ending Excitement of Being a Newbie

Hey guys,

I’m not even sure why I am writing this post. So, I joined Fiverr yesterday. Naturally, it has been uneventful and bland. I have been working as a Freelance content writer for multiple agencies for over 2 years now. Working for middlemen and agencies was never a choice, but rather a compromise on my part - you see, I was 17-year-old two years ago! So, I opted for the easiest options, which was to embed myself with one of the already established agencies and work them. I made a decent amount of money, but now that I’m old enough, I’ve decided to offer my services to buyers on Fiverr as well.

So that was the summary. Now, I’ve skimmed through multiple posts, got a 9/10 in the English skills test (I am aiming to get a perfect 10 next time), and have read multiple articles on how to get my first client. It is, of course, going to be a tough ride to compete alongside some of the best writers in the market out there, but that just makes me more excited. Maybe, I won’t get a client for weeks, or even months. But there is something exciting about being a newbie, about starting over. No matter how many times I check the ‘Buyer Requests’ option only to find it empty, I don’t feel disappointed. I just feel a rush of hope for the next time I check that option. Maybe, I am naive. Maybe 19 isn’t even old enough to be taken seriously. But to know that, on a minuscule level, I am now a part of a writing community that is full of idols and role-models is just exhilarating.

There was no point to this post, quite like there is no point to my excitement. But I thought that a wholesome post would make everyone’s day a little brighter, and sometimes that’s all we need from life!

Archived