Which flaws do you see in my gig?

adrianj

favicon-32x32.png.fed998eb2eff2cdc68163ef2b677a98b.png Fiverr.com

translate-to-spanish-whatever-piece-of-text-you-want.jpg.e3783e596b538f2ca9a6ba64767bbfbf.jpg

adrianj_ : I will translate from english to spanish and vice versa for $5 on...

For only $5, adrianj_ will translate from english to spanish and vice versa. | Welcome to my English to Spanish, Spanish to English translation gig!About me:My name is Adrián, I'm a native Spanish speaker and newcomer to this platform.I've | On...

What do you think about it?

How do you consider I could continue improving it?

Today I have updated my description.

Hi there!

First of all, your delivery time could be better. This is just my honest opinion, but I believe many sellers will look for 24-hour delivery when ordering. Most buyers on Fiverr want their services delivered quickly and at a low cost. So I’d consider delivery in 24 hours if you can do so. If you can’t, that’s fine, but you’re in a highly competitive niche, so offering fast turnaround can be smart.

Besides, it shouldn’t really take five days to deliver 300 words. I write and translate about 10.000 words per day (not only here on Fiverr, since I also run a newspaper for Norwegian expats in the Canary Islands), so any translator working professionally should be able to deliver 300 words in a day, at least in my opinion.

Some minor grammatical errors in your gig description, but no significant issues there. I recommend having a look at Grammarly.com’s premium subscription to help you improve your writing. It has helped me tremendously!

Your profile description could use some improvement. It comes across as a bit… unprofessional?

Saying in your profile description that you have no experience selling translations online can scare some buyers off. Instead, your profile description is where you need to “sell yourself” as a professional translator. So that could use some work.

How about something like…

I’m a computer science and English student with a passion for languages and technology. By combining the two, I get to be productive while doing what I love online” or something like that?

At least, it’s a bad idea to write that you’re inexperienced in your profile description.

Being a seller on Fiverr is just as much about marketing yourself as it is providing excellent services.

Also, I know this can be scary for new sellers, but offering your services at five dollars may attract some “bad buyers.” Just a friendly warning, since I’ve been down that road myself. But as a new seller, I get that you have to price yourself low to get orders—just something to keep in mind.

Keep up the good work, and stay safe, Adrián!

//Leo

PS. Never offer unlimited revisions. This is a trap. Buyers can take advantage of that to force you into doing more work and endless loops of revisions. I recommend including maximum one revision.

Hi there!

First of all, your delivery time could be better. This is just my honest opinion, but I believe many sellers will look for 24-hour delivery when ordering. Most buyers on Fiverr want their services delivered quickly and at a low cost. So I’d consider delivery in 24 hours if you can do so. If you can’t, that’s fine, but you’re in a highly competitive niche, so offering fast turnaround can be smart.

Besides, it shouldn’t really take five days to deliver 300 words. I write and translate about 10.000 words per day (not only here on Fiverr, since I also run a newspaper for Norwegian expats in the Canary Islands), so any translator working professionally should be able to deliver 300 words in a day, at least in my opinion.

Some minor grammatical errors in your gig description, but no significant issues there. I recommend having a look at Grammarly.com’s premium subscription to help you improve your writing. It has helped me tremendously!

Your profile description could use some improvement. It comes across as a bit… unprofessional?

Saying in your profile description that you have no experience selling translations online can scare some buyers off. Instead, your profile description is where you need to “sell yourself” as a professional translator. So that could use some work.

I’m a computer science and English student with a passion for languages and technology. By combining the two, I get to be productive while doing what I love online” or something like that?

At least, it’s a bad idea to write that you’re inexperienced in your profile description.

Being a seller on Fiverr is just as much about marketing yourself as it is providing excellent services.

Also, I know this can be scary for new sellers, but offering your services at five dollars may attract some “bad buyers.” Just a friendly warning, since I’ve been down that road myself. But as a new seller, I get that you have to price yourself low to get orders—just something to keep in mind.

//Leo

PS. Never offer unlimited revisions. This is a trap. Buyers can take advantage of that to force you into doing more work and endless loops of revisions. I recommend including maximum one revision.

Wow, thanks a lot for that extensive review about my gig and Fiverr profile!

I’ve never received such a detailed and well-written answer here, so that’s greatly appreciated.

I promise I’ll take into account all that you’ve mentioned.

I completely agree on the fact that I don’t know how to sell myself, but I think that’s natural since I’ve always been a student, not a seller.

Nevertheless, this is no excuse, that’s why every week I’m trying to improve my gig as well as my profile.

Thanks again Leo!

Wow, thanks a lot for that extensive review about my gig and Fiverr profile!

I’ve never received such a detailed and well-written answer here, so that’s greatly appreciated.

I promise I’ll take into account all that you’ve mentioned.

I completely agree on the fact that I don’t know how to sell myself, but I think that’s natural since I’ve always been a student, not a seller.

Nevertheless, this is no excuse, that’s why every week I’m trying to improve my gig as well as my profile.

Thanks again Leo!

Happy to help! And don’t take it as criticism but as advice.

Best of luck! 😃

Happy to help! And don’t take it as criticism but as advice.

Best of luck! 😃

Don’t worry, I never take a thing as criticism.

EVEN if that person is actively wanting to, I think there’s part of truth in it.

To be completely honest, I prefer people who go harsh on me.

I’m a huge perfectionist, and people being harsh or detailed in their corrections it’s a huge help.

Hi there!

//Leo

As a new seller I am also agree with you. buyer are not always right some times they were fraud.

On your profile the text in the main gig image gets partially cut off. Maybe with a 1.619:1 aspect ratio it wouldn’t as much, or you could change the position of the text so it’s further from the edge of the frame.

I’m not sure about the “200% SATISFACTION OR MONEY BACK” line.

Archived