Fiverr Statistical Data / Market Research

creativehriday

I think it would uncover some really unpleasant truths. Not about how much Fiverr make, that is public and good on em for being profitable, but things like (and I guess here):

• 80% of jobs offered (BR in this case) never hire on, probably because they a) got cold feet and b) think all quotes are too high, or their job offer made no sense.
  • many “sellers” never get any jobs.
  • most sellers never make more than about $10 in their “lifetime”.
  • if comparing payment to hours worked, most jobs, would be around $1 p/h which would be below anyone’s idea of fair or moral etc. The sort of thing the UN or World Bank would have published opinions about.
  • many sellers (and buyers) leave the platform after feeling they have been “scammed” and let down by CS.
  • many buyers who have been proven to behave poorly have oddly high star ratings
  • the more the seller offers a premium product, the less they sell
  • much of Fiverr’s breadline income comes from selling “garbage” gigs

🙂

I think it would uncover some really unpleasant truths. Not about how much Fiverr make, that is public and good on em for being profitable, but things like (and I guess here):

• 80% of jobs offered (BR in this case) never hire on, probably because they a) got cold feet and b) think all quotes are too high, or their job offer made no sense.
  • many “sellers” never get any jobs.
  • most sellers never make more than about $10 in their “lifetime”.
  • if comparing payment to hours worked, most jobs, would be around $1 p/h which would be below anyone’s idea of fair or moral etc. The sort of thing the UN or World Bank would have published opinions about.
  • many sellers (and buyers) leave the platform after feeling they have been “scammed” and let down by CS.
  • many buyers who have been proven to behave poorly have oddly high star ratings
  • the more the seller offers a premium product, the less they sell
  • much of Fiverr’s breadline income comes from selling “garbage” gigs

🙂

It’s the law of supply and demand. Whoever has the upper hand always exploits the other one. Most sellers are desperate to earn money so they go below the market rates and even offer unlimited revisions and lifetime support. Even Dell has stopped that practice. I remember back in 2004 with the $100 Spyware and Adware package, Dell used to offer lifetime technical support. Customers soon found out their calls were being routed to Philipines, India and other poor countries. The technical know-how was great, is still great but the thick accent, and cultural difference ruined it all.

My only purpose was to find out which jobs are in high demand! The above statistical data will definitely tell us which ones are good paying AND reliable jobs. But I guess Fiverr doesn’t want us to know all its dirty secrets. As long as we are paying 20%, Fiverr is happy! And most sellers 95% are unaware that they could probably make a lot more with their skills if only they knew which direction to go to. The above data will definitely be a big help to the newbie sellers, like me 🙂

Any ideas if this is published anywhere? Even if its in an uncomplete form, like just the hourly jobs that are completed or just the category wise jobs?

Thank you in advance!

Knowing which gigs are popular or highest paying is probably not useful.

Example: I find that CAD for Bridge Building is the most highly paid and income-generating Gigs on freelance sites. Brilliant, I set up a gig saying “i goood do buid bridge usung Adobe Bridgeinator Pro package”. This does not guarantee that I ever earn anything. Not only is my gig terribly presented but guess what? I am a Music Composer & Mix Engineer; this does not make me remotely qualified for bridge building. It just makes me a cad (hihi - old word for a lying scumbag).

I bet that most CAD Bridge Designers are terrible musicians and/or mix engineers. When they hope to make a YouTube presentation for a client or a general advert, should they a) make their own music from their vast musical experience or b) hire in someone who has the skills (and awards) to ensure that their bridges both look & sound great?

A smart bridgeinator will do B every time. A silly one will mess about with A (a sure sign they are not the pick of the bridge people and maybe will have to live under one - preferably not one they designed).

Know who is doing well but only so as to know where the money is so you can target it with what you are good at. If you target outside of your special abilities you set yourself up for a fall.

🙂

Knowing which gigs are popular or highest paying is probably not useful.

Example: I find that CAD for Bridge Building is the most highly paid and income-generating Gigs on freelance sites. Brilliant, I set up a gig saying “i goood do buid bridge usung Adobe Bridgeinator Pro package”. This does not guarantee that I ever earn anything. Not only is my gig terribly presented but guess what? I am a Music Composer & Mix Engineer; this does not make me remotely qualified for bridge building. It just makes me a cad (hihi - old word for a lying scumbag).

I bet that most CAD Bridge Designers are terrible musicians and/or mix engineers. When they hope to make a YouTube presentation for a client or a general advert, should they a) make their own music from their vast musical experience or b) hire in someone who has the skills (and awards) to ensure that their bridges both look & sound great?

A smart bridgeinator will do B every time. A silly one will mess about with A (a sure sign they are not the pick of the bridge people and maybe will have to live under one - preferably not one they designed).

Know who is doing well but only so as to know where the money is so you can target it with what you are good at. If you target outside of your special abilities you set yourself up for a fall.

🙂

Agreed. 100%

Most people try to run after high paying jobs or jobs in high demand without doing a personal skill check first. Which is why I asked for ALL jobs as per categories as well.

What information about Fiverr is public and where I can find it?

Agreed. 100%

Most people try to run after high paying jobs or jobs in high demand without doing a personal skill check first. Which is why I asked for ALL jobs as per categories as well.

I would assume whatever is shown for public trading - assuming they have shares or investors. this may not be super easy to get and probably tells you nothing about what you hope as it will be accounting data, not operation data which is likely to all be commercial in confidence.

🙂

I would assume whatever is shown for public trading - assuming they have shares or investors. this may not be super easy to get and probably tells you nothing about what you hope as it will be accounting data, not operation data which is likely to all be commercial in confidence.

🙂

Any other way to find jobs as per categories that have been completed with payment dollarwise?

Archived