Anyone else see an uptick in rude buyers this year?

celebmarketing

I understand ppl are frustrated this year and it is easy to take it out on fiverr freelancers but Wow, anyone else seeing a massive increase of really rude or scammy or just plain upsetting buyers this year? I am fiverr pro and i get paid well but have to strongly consider turning down everyone who approaches me simply because we are on fiverr, and this year the probabality it is not going to be a pleasant buyer-seller experience is high. i wonder if is the niche i am in, or the platform is a magnet for unhappy people, or if it is a sign of the times in general. how about you?

No, in fact, I have only had one unpleasant buyer this year, and that was in January.

Sure, I sometimes get unpleasant people in my inbox, but they never get any further than that. I use my block button very liberally (the app is great for that).

I am sorry to hear about you experience, though. In my opinion, you should turn down (or block) anyone who gives you a bad vibe. That is what I do.

No, in fact, I have only had one unpleasant buyer this year, and that was in January.

Sure, I sometimes get unpleasant people in my inbox, but they never get any further than that. I use my block button very liberally (the app is great for that).

I am sorry to hear about you experience, though. In my opinion, you should turn down (or block) anyone who gives you a bad vibe. That is what I do.

Interesting! Yeah, i definitely should block more often. Do you have a vetting process to figure out if they’ll be bad before hand - or do you just trust your gut?

Interesting! Yeah, i definitely should block more often. Do you have a vetting process to figure out if they’ll be bad before hand - or do you just trust your gut?

I check other sellers’ reviews of them and what they themselves have written in their reviews of sellers. This is to see if they are going to be difficult to work with. Some don’t leave reviews, though, so that is more difficult. In those cases, I go with my gut.

For example, if they start haggling, ask for free samples (either they can pay for samples, or they can read my reviews - that should be enough), or if they start to inquire about revisions beforehand, then I don’t work with them. Those can be signs that they are going to be difficult.

If I am even the slightest bit hesitant to work with someone, I just turn them down.

I check other sellers’ reviews of them and what they themselves have written in their reviews of sellers. This is to see if they are going to be difficult to work with. Some don’t leave reviews, though, so that is more difficult. In those cases, I go with my gut.

For example, if they start haggling, ask for free samples (either they can pay for samples, or they can read my reviews - that should be enough), or if they start to inquire about revisions beforehand, then I don’t work with them. Those can be signs that they are going to be difficult.

If I am even the slightest bit hesitant to work with someone, I just turn them down.

Brilliant! I can’t wait to try this today. Thank you! I have mainly been relying on throwing qs at them and trying to figure their attitudes out from their answers but that is proving to be inefficient.

Archived