Suddenly no sales after 1 order mutually cancelled, Why? Please Help!

Guest paulamiroy

Guest paulamiroy

I’m on fiverr since more than 1 month. Sold my first gig after 2 weeks from joining. Since then got some orders. Till now got 4 orders out of which 1 got mutually cancelled which left the cancellation percentage of mine as 25% which is quite high. And its been more than 2 weeks since then that I’m not getting any orders anymore. Also, I edited some of my gigs at the same time,even one which got sold. What is the reason for suddenly no sales? What is the way out? What should I do? Please Help. Thankyou…

I think that people just can’t find it so you should:

*try promoting yourself on forums, web etc, customer support always suggests it.

*Try changing your tags, make them more unique (think SEO keywords).

*Add a video.

To be honest, mutual cancellation did harm you in a way, if you had 100s of sales it would mean pretty much nothing, but for a person that is just starting it is really tough.

Good luck with your sales.

Guest paulamiroy

okay about promotion i will try, but how that 25% harmed me? does the mutual cancellation % show in my profile? how come its affecting me get sales…

@paulamiroy

While I commend your enthusiasm and high spirit, as a newb, you’ve started off with too many gigs. It’s a common error people make when starting on Fiverr.

Until you learn how the Fiverr platform works, learn how to sell and deliver effectively, and learn how to handle feedback, you’re exposing yourself to a lot of risk with so many untested gigs. A better way to start is to pick 1, maybe 2, maybe 3 related gigs that you are good at and can do quickly. Work on getting those up and running to get sales, positive feedback and Level Up. Then as you learn and grow you can add new gigs 1 at a time and test them. If you take notice, a lot of the active Level 2 and TRSs often have a small number of gigs. They’ve probably taken the time to research their gigs, launch and test, tweak and retest and stick with ones that produce.

There’s some great info for newbs in these Forum topics.

Guest paulamiroy

Alright… Thanks. But does the mutual cancellation % show in the profile? How does it harm one’s sales? And I checked my keywords, they seem to be fine… how do I make them SEO type?

I’m on the same boat. I had so many gig orders the first 30 days…and then poof! I can hear crickets. My phone app use to wake me up a few times a night, but now I wake myself up worried I won’t get that kind of traction again.

Like a mad woman, I am revamping my gigs, going over SEO, and trying to be unique. It’s kind of stressful. Wish you luck!

Guest paulamiroy

So basically everyone is stressing on the fact - being patient and keep on testing and tweaking the gigs and promote oneself.

Archived