Treat Your Buyers In The Same Way You Would Like To Be Treated

Guest smartwebcontent

Guest smartwebcontent

Hi guys & gals,

I’ve listed some simple tips that can set you on your way to becoming a successful seller here on Fiverr:

1. Making Your Gig Content Smile: When writing out the content for your gig (or video), make sure your content is pleasant to read. How do you do that? By being cheerful of course and never forgetting to introduce yourself. Before I joined Fiverr as a seller, I was a buyer, and to my amazement, I found I was being more polite as a buyer than the sellers I was dealing with were. I vowed never to be like that as a seller.

Never forget; this is your business now. When you meet a new customer at work, what do you do? You shake their hand, you introduce yourself and you smile. You want the reader and possible buyer to feel closer to you than the competition, therefore treat them as a potential buyer and use words such as “please” and “thank you”. These pleasantries don’t cost a thing. In fact, they make you money.

2. Filling In Your Instructions To Buyer Content: Thank the buyer within the Instructions to Buyer section. Remember, the buyer has put his/her faith in you. They could have spent their cash on another gig, but they selected you and your gig, so thank them for it. Also, never write down anything that’s negative. I remember some sellers adding the following to their list of instructions: “If you don’t answer these questions, I can’t help you if your logo is rubbish and that’s not my fault, but yours”. That astounded me and I know quite a few people that would have cancelled the gig right there and then after reading that.

I know I’m beginning to sound like a broken record, but these buyers are your customers! Treat them with love and cherish them. They’ll come back for more and more if you do. Let’s continue.

3. Getting Notified About A Sale: When you receive the “Time to get busy” email from Fiverr, it means your buyer has filled in their requirements. If you’re awake when you receive it, write a short and sweet message to your buyer, letting them know you’ve either started work on their gig, or are about to and that you really look forward to providing them with the best service/product. Thank them again.

4. Reviewing The Order: When you get round to reviewing the order, make sure you fully understand what it is your buyer wants. In some cases, your buyer might not have left you with all the necessary points which can help you deliver the gig to the best of your ability. If that happens, send the buyer a really friendly message. Always start with “Hi” or “Dear” and then enter their name (if they’ve given it to you). Go ahead and ask them if they can explain xyz. Smile when writing any requests. It’ll come through when the buyer is reading it.

End the message with “I really look forward to hearing from you”, or words to that effect. Sign off the message with a “Warm regards”, “Kind regards”, “Love” (yes I said “Love”) and leave your name.

5. Working On Your Order: OD. That’s right, overdose your buyer with your flair, creativity, intellect and love when delivering the gig. If overdose isn’t the word you would personally use, then replace ‘dose’ with ‘deliver’. OD stands for that too.

“Oh but they’ve only spent $5 and I am giving them something that’s worth ten times that!” Trust me, I’ve thought the same thing many times. But we’re here to provide an excellent service. I discuss why it’s important to over deliver in my other forum post -

6. The Delivering Message: When you’ve successfully finished your gig and are truly happy with it, you’re going to have to deliver it. Did you know Fiverr even provides you with a content box for you to say something to the buyer? Honestly, it’s there!

Looking back on my days as a buyer, I can honestly say that the majority of the sellers I worked with simply added “Here is the gig” to the delivery message. I’m shaking my head in disbelief just thinking about it.

I’ll say this once, so listen up: When delivering a gig, always write something and make sure it’s pleasant. This delivery message is your last port of call with the seller and so you want to leave a great impression.

The service/product you’ve delivered is great. Make it greater by complimenting it with some awesomeness in the form of a final thank you.

The delivery message is key to your buyer coming back. Sure they might come back if your work is great, but if your work is great and you’re fun to work with…see where I’m going with this?

Tell your buyer the following: “If there’s anything else I can help with, I’d be more than happy to help.” See how easy that was. Then tell them: "If you’re as happy with the service/product as I am, it would be great if you could leave me positive feedback."

That’s right, if you don’t ask, you might not get. If you’re in the asking mood, you could tell your buyer to recommend you to their friends and family too.

That’s a brief summary on how to treat buyers. By all means, please add your own thoughts to the mix and let’s get the ball rolling on how you treat your Fiverr buyers.

Warm regards & love,

Jaymes

Great! I have been doing most of what you suggested and most of my customers have been awesome! I haven’t solicited feedback, but I may add a little something in my final delivery message about it. But I agree, I’ve had a few sellers who were less-than-personable–who will not be getting my return business!

Guest smartwebcontent

Reply to @madmoo: Thanks for bringing up that point Ang. I can’t believe I forgot to mention it.

Never ever ever ever forget to thank the buyer for leaving feedback. A neat trick you can do (which I do) is to mention in your feedback when a buyer has purchased any gig extras from you.

For instance "You’ve been an excellent buyer Sam and it’s great that you ordered X gig extra as that’ll really give you a boost. I can’t wait to work with you again!"

See how simple that was? You’re being polite, but also being a bit of a cool salesman at the same time. Remember, this is YOUR business. No one else is going to run and promote it for you. You need to be the CEO, Marketing Director, Sales Director, Gig Creator and Toilet Cleaner at the same time.

Hope that helps!

Oh, and be genuine when leaving feedback and never copy and paste the same feedback for every buyer, which I have seen done a few times on Fiverr. That’s just cheesy, and you’re not a cheesy person.

Guest smartwebcontent

Reply to @traxie2001: Tell me about it Traxie.

I think many buyers on here don’t fully understand the vast competition that exists. So here it is in a nutshell:

"There are over 3,000,000 gigs on Fiverr. Chances are that someone else is offering the exact same thing as you. So to ensure you get more orders than the competition, do a good job and be polite."

It’s not that hard to understand when put like that.

Archived