Beware of the buyers

Guest hj1234

I posted a new gig about translation and i was really happy to see results but something terrible went over.My gig was to translate 2000 words in one day and the buyer placed 3 orders and I was not informed before and somehow I delivered the work on time and yet he posted a negative feedback.He again placed 4 orders in few hours and cancelled them right away.I translated for other buyers also and they were very happy but this one was the worst Buyer I ever worked with.I thought that by deleting my gig will resolve my problem but this buyer has ruined my reputation and my trust on fiverr.Now what you will say about him?

Unfortunately, MM, mutual cancellations still show up in your statistics. I’ve done three mutual cancellations - one person didn’t understand the concept of ‘honest reviews’ and had me review what might have been the crappiest book I’ve ever read. I informed them I couldn’t give it more than one star and they BLEW UP, slandered my name across the internet. As soon as they lipped off, though, I asked for a cancellation on all three gigs she’d purchased.

I’m taking some hits from it now, but I seem to be recovering well enough.

Hello hj1234,

6000 words are a lot to translate in one day for a human translator. Most professional translators are able translate between 2000 and 4000 words per day, depending on the language and the topics at hand.

I can understand that you offered to translate 2000 words as an express gig, maybe because you can do that in a day. However, buyers can place more than one gig at once, or you can have more than one customer a day!

You should have taken that into account when you added your gig.

It might be tempting to offer express gigs, but they can just blow up in your face.

It is better to be safe than sorry!

Maybe it is a good idea to promote you other gigs, to make up for the damage?

And if that buyer’s attitude was to blame, you should contact Customer Support.

Reply to @madmoo: it’s been the #1 complaint since years, and they never taken it seriously… so as I see it, they will never improve the cancellation system, and you know why? Because there are so many sellers that losing a few good ones won’t make a difference to Fiverr’s pockets, so why would they bother? 😦

Well I already contacted customer support and they are saying that the buyer should give a consent to remove feedback and when i am messaging him he is not answering me.Please advise how can I improve my gig rankings.Because of this a bad impression of me is getting on my buyers and after that I had got no orders.I also lost a very big order of translating over 17000 words because of this.Please help!

Reply to @belgianwriter: Hey thanks for your help but I already contacted customer support but they need the buyer consent to remove negative feedback.I know translating 6000 words is a difficult task and this is the main complaint that I have.I worked till half the night just to provide my client with his work and yet he is not happy from me.I don’t know what else he wanted?

Reply to @madmoo: Thanks for your help.Since the customer support is of no use till I get the consent from buyer can you tell me a way to improve my gig rankings.

Reply to @hj1234: HJ, one of the things you can do is go to the negative feedback area and leave a very calm, pleasant response and explain in a roundabout way to anyone who reads it, what occurred. Don’t come off as defensive or rude, though, because people will read that and assume you’re at fault. If you can politely make him look like a jack ass, then you will be better off.

Well what I think is that though there are some bad buyers but there are many who want real work and those who are honest will find the qualities in you no matter of your reputation.

Archived