Using Fiverr to funnel into another website

blankette

So I came on Fiverr with a service and I had no idea how long it would take to complete each gig so while I am passionate about giving great customer service etc I also find myself “giving away” my gigs. I understand that you can have extras and that is great and I know I need to edit my gigs to allow me to earn more from extra and therefore for my time.

I guess my question is this, if I have another website where I can offer more in depth work where people pay a higher rate, is it against the rules to put URL info in the delivery of my gigs (PDF) so people can find me there? I understand that it’s ok to do it the other way (funneling people from other websites into fiverr) but is it ok to do it the other way?

I have searched the site and can’t find any reference to it.

I looked in the terms of service and it says not to ask for payment of fiverr gigs outside of Fiverr.

"Users may not offer or accept payments using any method other than placing an order through Fiverr.com."

And while the below applies to gigs made on fiverr there is no mention of providing a url for other websites where another person might like to buy from you

"To protect our users’ privacy, user identities should be kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, s***e/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details (other than your name) is not permitted.

All communications, information and file exchanges must be performed exclusively using Fiverr’s messaging system."

I only mention it as other sites that I have sold things through (eBay for example) are very particular about letting you know not to put any contact details for other websites through eBay.

I posted in a comment to a seller how much better I liked (past tense) using FIverr over Elance for similar jobs, and just for MENTIONING Elance (yes, I said the E word), they locked my account until I agree to not send people to another site “again”. Well, I didn’t do it in the first place, so I refuse to agree to not doing it “again” which is why I no longer use Fiverr.

I contacted support, and they just treated me like a criminal who had broken their rules.

Beware - Fiverr are complete n**i’s about this. Personally I suggest quitting using them altogether, as I have.

Thank you anarchofighter for your compliments.

Most of the images are just from me mucking around playing with different mediums (pastels, oils, acrylics). I haven’t done it for years (these are mostly old ones I was inspired to photograph for my gigs as they felt right). I really appreciate your comment as I’m not an artist I just like playing with colours and textures and “real” artists usually don’t like them.

The metaphysical/healing can be a challenging place to find your value. Especially when you are also the creator of the model! I have been listening strongly to what I’m being told and figuring out how to get paid for my time and energies though.

as you are a psychic, i think fiver is a good place because people like things cheap and usually psychic readings or healing are very expensive so more people would want to get to you.

there are some websites where you sell, there was this website i discovered few months ago, i forgot what it was called, they also have an iphone app for it but you sign up as a psychic and you can charge people per Minuit and you can talk to them through the microphone.

but there are plenty websites out there like etsy, ebay where you can sell stuff. but i like fiverr the best.

it’s better to get something than nothing. we have to remember, the people who make the clothes for primark in india get paid 10p per dress they make.

Hi superfunart,

I’m actually not a psychic. I work with people’s energy to bring them healing. I read people’s energy to find their blocks and release them. This takes a lot more time than taking a message as I often spend quite a while scanning and finding blocks that are sometimes very stubborn about being cleared. I don’t mean this to seem like I don’t appreciate the psychic arts but what I do is different.

I think I will have to try other sites at some point so thank you for the heads up.

While I appreciate what you say about getting something is better than nothing your point about people in India isn’t really valid for someone living in the west where the cost of living is much higher. I’m sure that in England you couldn’t live on that rate of pay.

Your art is amazing by the way.

Archived