Without me setting up an express gig. I'm being told to deliver and I don't want them. Help?

katlasm

Hello, I recently posted my first and only gig on fiverr recently. I did it for the sake of generating leads. I offered a stupid low fee of $5 for 10 min. Make a long story short, acquired a buyer, and they loved it immensely. The problem is, they’ve ordered a crap load of gigs and I didn’t even establish an express anything. My hourly rate is north of $700 per hour, and the idea of spending an hour of my time after the initial consult here on Fiverr for less than $40 is absurd…lol. How do I cancel or mitigate the onslaught of orders???

Guest celticmoon

Excuse me if I misunderstand what you’ve written in your gig description and gig extras, but…what did you expect? If you set up a gig on a site called FIVErr, where the basic unit of goods or service is expected to be sold for FIVE dollars, and then in increments of FIVE dollars beyond that, why are you here? YOU set up the gig extras to work out to $40/hour. Since you believe your worth to be “north of SEVEN HUNDRED dollars PER HOUR”, then it seems you should have set up your gig for a 30-second chat for $5. At least that would be closer to what you think your time is worth. If you’re just trying to generate leads with a $5 gig, then cancel any orders after you obtain the contact information, your cancellation rate (and probably negative reviews) will likely take care of the “onslaught” problem you’re worried about. And channeling customers away from Fiverr after Fiverr brought them to you breaks the Terms of Service, so certainly having your account deleted will solve that problem, too.

Guest jenniferhampton

If you are looking to generate leads, fiverr is not the place. You cannot get contact information to solict work outside of fiverr. It is against their policy.

I also understand that you don’t feel that working outside of your hourly rate is fair. You need to understand something about fiverr. This is a place where buyers come here mainly for the source of getting work done at an affordable rate.

I also offer services that go WAY lower than my pay worth. I felt that it was worth it to do the work at a cheaper rate so that I could rise in my ranks. Now, I’m a level 2 seller and I’m getting more orders and customers are paying for the Gig Extras to balance out my hourly wage. I feel that it was worth it in the end, I’m making more money on Fiverr than I did at Elance.

Celticmoon is correct - set your offer to reflect the payment you expect - don’t complain because you offer too much for the $5! That’s your problem, and it is not caused by your customers - or Fiverr! Or maybe you think multiple gigs would be too much to charge and you wouldn’t get the gigs? That is also your problem - use another service, not one that offers good work at budget prices for people genuinely needing help.

I do the same work on Fiver for which I would normally charge 3-10 times the amount. I do it to help others, not as a genuine source of income or to get leads. I got it wrong to start with, but now I understand the philosophy. What makes you think that you would get leads for a $700+/hour service from people paying $5?

Archived