Increased My Rates

nsmadsen

Hey all!

I’ve been a part of Fiverr for nearly 5 years now and it’s been a great experience. As my stature grew, I would increase my rates, usually tied to some number of ratings milestone (i.e. 50 ratings, 100 ratings, etc). With each rate increase, I found some drop off in buyers but usually several stay while others join on. I’m now at 441 reviews (just about all of them 5 stars!) so I increased my rates again.

And then I’ve had a dry spot. Now it’s only been 1 week… so the logical side is telling me this could have nothing to do with my rates. We all know how there are feast and famine periods with any freelancing business. But I can’t lie - it makes me a bit nervous.

Would any of you mind looking at my gigs and telling me what you think? I felt the number of reviews, positive stats of completing jobs on time and responding fast to buyers would be enough to show that I offer a great product. But maybe I raised my rates a bit too much? I’d love and appreciate any of your input.

Thanks!

Nate

Looks very professional!

I would consider expressing in your gigs who is well suited to them and also what the value is. Maybe this would help people realize how they would benefit from using you.

One example I can think of is explainer videos. I hear the same kind of music over and over in these videos. If I needed an explainer video I’d be very interested in hearing something different. Another thing you could offer is composing to a project. People like when music matches actions and things like that that you just don’t get with stock music. You could also do a similar thing for short films.

I imagine there’s huge value in tailoring your value proposition to specific projects and needs. This could also help narrow your competition here on Fiverr.

Looks very professional!

I would consider expressing in your gigs who is well suited to them and also what the value is. Maybe this would help people realize how they would benefit from using you.

One example I can think of is explainer videos. I hear the same kind of music over and over in these videos. If I needed an explainer video I’d be very interested in hearing something different. Another thing you could offer is composing to a project. People like when music matches actions and things like that that you just don’t get with stock music. You could also do a similar thing for short films.

I imagine there’s huge value in tailoring your value proposition to specific projects and needs. This could also help narrow your competition here on Fiverr.

Thanks for your reply and your thoughts!

Interesting idea bout the explainer videos. I already do offer composition as one of my gigs. I also offer custom sound design for things like animations, logo sequences, short films and video games. I agree with you that there’s great value in offering specific gigs for specific needs like you mentioned. And I think my gigs already do that, at least to a degree. But maybe I can improve upon that.

I’ll see how I can tweak my gigs so it better communicates who can benefit from my services and who my target audience is. I really appreciate your time!

Thanks,

Nate

Archived