Buyer offering me free product? Wouldn't he need my address?

bernieeata

So I have a buyer messaging me that he is willing to give me his free product in return for a review.

I told him that I only work for money, and it wouldn’t be necessary. Also that I would be able to write a detailed positive review on it without actually having it.

Then he proceeds to saying that he meant he would both pay for my service and give me the free product.

I feel weird about this just because obviously, he would need my address in order to send me the product, and I’m really not down for that. I want to write for him still but I don’t know if I should?

Any thoughts or experience with something similar?

UPDATE: He provided further details.
“I will put the full amount amazon gift card codes and product link when order your gig. Then you can place an order on amazon as a normal purchase. After you receive the product, just write a review on amazon after testing my product.”

I’m not sure if we are allowed to share that kind of info. But maybe you can think of a differetn solution, is there a way to send the package to the nearest post office and pick it up there just by giving your name?

I updated my posted and I just wonder if any one else has done this. His solution seemed better than me straight up giving my address, which I’d never do. But if he was the seller on Amazon and if I were to purchase the product, wouldn’t he still get a hold of my address?

If he was selling his product through a 3rd party on Amazon, I think I’d be in the clear. But how would I know, by just asking?

I updated my posted and I just wonder if any one else has done this. His solution seemed better than me straight up giving my address, which I’d never do. But if he was the seller on Amazon and if I were to purchase the product, wouldn’t he still get a hold of my address?

If he was selling his product through a 3rd party on Amazon, I think I’d be in the clear. But how would I know, by just asking?

Amazon does not allow paid reviews nor does fiverr allow that kind of gig. You would be violating the rules of both sites. You also cannot get a free product for review, even without being paid according to Amazon’s rules.

So I have a buyer messaging me that he is willing to give me his free product in return for a review.

I told him that I only work for money, and it wouldn’t be necessary. Also that I would be able to write a detailed positive review on it without actually having it.

Then he proceeds to saying that he meant he would both pay for my service and give me the free product.

I feel weird about this just because obviously, he would need my address in order to send me the product, and I’m really not down for that. I want to write for him still but I don’t know if I should?

Any thoughts or experience with something similar?

“I will put the full amount amazon gift card codes and product link when order your gig. Then you can place an order on amazon as a normal purchase. After you receive the product, just write a review on amazon after testing my product.”

@rockbellstudios

The buyer wants a review on Amazon. This is completely and vigorously opposed by Amazon and fiverr both. Don’t even think about doing it.

@rockbellstudios

The buyer wants a review on Amazon. This is completely and vigorously opposed by Amazon and fiverr both. Don’t even think about doing it.

I knew this all felt sketchy from the start! Thank you for the advice @misscrystal!

Archived