Is this a fiverr hack, cheat?

caprica6

While browsing the site I came across a seller with 19 positive sales; but when I looked at the sales in detail it’s just 19x the same buyer and all done on the same day.

What the fragglesrock is this?

http://fiverr.com/fragglesrock

This is outragious and if more of this cheats happen, how can honest sellers even compete with that?

Sheriff’s Note: calling out other users in a negative way is not allowed on this forum .

In most cases, when something like this happens, its because the buyer and seller agree that a job will take 19 gigs to complete. If the seller is new or if the buyer is unfamiliar with the system, they may place separate orders to cover the cost of completion.

For example my first sale on my excel spreadsheet gig was five separate orders from one person, at one time because the person was unfamiliar with the Fiverr system.

So, before freaking out and bashing innocent and hard working sellers (most likely) on the forum, try to think of the more reasonable explanation for this.

• 6 months later...
Guest mcromano

Multiple sales from the same buyer doesn’t particularly mean dishonesty…it could just be an agreement between seller and buyer on the price of one huge ass gig, or the buyer wanted to buy multiple things -for example, I’ve had over 40 (!!!) gigs in batches of 5 each ordered from one single client because I was working on book illustrations for him.

So don’t jump the judgement horse so soon, you never know! 🙂

(also love your username, Battlestar Galactica FTW)

I can vouch for having the same buyer multiple times. My top buyer makes up for about 25 of my modest 35-40 sales. I love it because we work well together and I have a good understanding of her design objectives.

Anyone who buys their own Gig is basically paying $1 to Fiverr per transaction plus some change to Paypal. In that case they’re scamming themselves!

Archived