Professional looking photos and video with just a smart phone?

Guest canada_city

Guest canada_city

I don’t own any professional camera equipment and I don’t know anyone who does. I’d like to take high quality videos and pictures for my gigs, but I just have my cell phone. It’s a Samsung Galaxy Note5 and has 16mp. Any tips or tricks to make my pictures and videos look better or seem more professional in nature?

The answer will be the same old aged one - “EDITING”.
Get a professional Photoshop editor for your photos and a After Effects/Premiere Pro editor for videos. If you have skills, you can try these yourself(I meant the trial copy) or use any free alternative.

Without editing-

1. Get yourself with some good lighting (natural or artificial).
  2. If you use artificial lighting, instead of putting it straight on your object/yourself use a white board to reflect the light for the best quality.(You can point the light on your celling).
  3. Use a stand(You can find various DIY Mobile camera stands tutorials online).

I hopes these helps.

Guest canada_city

Yeah, that’s helpful. A tripod is so simple, I should get one! I do know how to use photoshop. I used to use it all the time. It’s not that expensive to purchase either. I learned how to use After Effects about 9 years ago, so I’m a bit out of practice there. But yes, you’re right, editing is key! I will get a move on.

Archived