How do I reject an order?

Guest writeangles

Guest writeangles

I recently received an order to review a business on yelp.com, but I have never used this businesses services before. The buyer placed an order for me to “write a script for an explainer video” and then asked me to do this review. This personally goes against my own ethics to do this, and It is a service that I do not advertise. How can I cancel this request without it hurting my ratings?

Guest capitalquality

Go to the resolution centre and initiate a cancellation. In theory it won’t affect your ratings if the buyer accepts the cancellation so be very careful how you word your cancellation request. You don’t want to say it’s against your ethics for example because you’re telling your buyer that they are unethical. Keep it simple that it’s not a service you offer or you don’t have the capacity or something similar.

If the buyer doesn’t accept the cancellation, as long as they don’t decline it, it will auto-cancel after a couple of days. There is some evidence to suggest that any cancellations, mutual or otherwise, will affect your ratings but this is your only option anyway if you don’t want to do the gig.

If the buyer declines your cancellation request, cancel again. Be always polite and professional. If he again declines, cancel again, but send all your screenshots to CS and ask them to help and cancel for you. As long as you can show that you’ve tried your best to resolve the dispute with the buyer and have been professional throughout they should help.

Archived