OP dates on the forum

It’s a pretty common thing to have the original post date displayed alongside the most recent post date on forums. Without a good sort function, it would be a very helpful, logical addition.

P.S. It made sense when the forum was new, but there’s now enough activity for it to be self-cleaning.

Guest scriptwizard

Hi itsyourthing, could you tell me how this forum system works, how does it work out when to move threads down & out of pages? Some threads don’t seem to have any activity & remain static while others with more activity just constantly get pushed around like pebbles in a sea storm.

Guest scriptwizard

Hi itsyourthing, could you tell me how this forum system works, how does it work out when to move threads down & out of pages? Some threads don’t seem to have any activity & remain static while others with more activity just constantly get pushed around like pebbles in a sea storm.

Reply to @scriptwizard: I think the forum has the usual random Fiverrness rules about it. I don’t know how it works, I only suspect that there is some wizard behind a curtain that can manipulate it, if and when they choose. Which is why a standard format of OP dates and sort orders would help it self-regulate in a way that makes sense.

Reply to @scriptwizard: I think the forum has the usual random Fiverrness rules about it. I don’t know how it works, I only suspect that there is some wizard behind a curtain that can manipulate it, if and when they choose. Which is why a standard format of OP dates and sort orders would help it self-regulate in a way that makes sense.

Guest scriptwizard

Mmm! Perhaps it’s my Fiverr destiny then to live the life on the end of a thread like an unstable rolling stone. My threads & I are at the mercy of the great Fiverr powers above frolicking about with my strings on the end of a mad wizard’s puppet stick.

Guest scriptwizard

Mmm! Perhaps it’s my Fiverr destiny then to live the life on the end of a thread like an unstable rolling stone. My threads & I are at the mercy of the great Fiverr powers above frolicking about with my strings on the end of a mad wizard’s puppet stick.

Guest scriptwizard

Reply to @vedmak: I don’t rightly care where a thread gets stuck & I don’t go chasing around to swap collects either or Facebooks friends or any other false BS carry-ons that go on. I decided to do those threads to keep me occupied while I break away from other serious writing chores. If it wasn’t for you, wendy, tisyorfing & a handful of others nothing would keep my brain occupied to want to bother to return here at all. I never was one for forums & this one just reminds me why. I think my time here is getting closer to its end anyway.

I believe I add value & if it wasn’t for the fact that there is no genuine consistency with any workings here, be that automated or manual; I would apply more conviction in all that I do, apply more brain power, 5th gear & all that jazz. As it stands there is absolutely zero satisfaction in trying to do anything constructive. Nothing could appreciate it anyway. Stability & fairness do not play any part in the equation at all. Its a melee of bias, a system without stability, it’s haphazard, unruly, un-organised chaotic technical neglect.

Why would you think that someone as intelligent as me would delude myself that I could fit into this hierarchy of no-man’s-land?

Guest scriptwizard

Reply to @vedmak: I don’t rightly care where a thread gets stuck & I don’t go chasing around to swap collects either or Facebooks friends or any other false BS carry-ons that go on. I decided to do those threads to keep me occupied while I break away from other serious writing chores. If it wasn’t for you, wendy, tisyorfing & a handful of others nothing would keep my brain occupied to want to bother to return here at all. I never was one for forums & this one just reminds me why. I think my time here is getting closer to its end anyway.

I believe I add value & if it wasn’t for the fact that there is no genuine consistency with any workings here, be that automated or manual; I would apply more conviction in all that I do, apply more brain power, 5th gear & all that jazz. As it stands there is absolutely zero satisfaction in trying to do anything constructive. Nothing could appreciate it anyway. Stability & fairness do not play any part in the equation at all. Its a melee of bias, a system without stability, it’s haphazard, unruly, un-organised chaotic technical neglect.

Why would you think that someone as intelligent as me would delude myself that I could fit into this hierarchy of no-man’s-land?

Guest scriptwizard

Reply to @vedmak: Yeah there’s bags of potential here make no mistake about that, I think it’s in its infancy trying to cope with a massive surge of market popularity, fattening out with mass sudden growth. The way the system behaves is a typical hallmark of one that is struggling at times to cope with all the activity going on at the same time. I’ve seen all this with all the other platforms, it’s the same glitchy behaviour with all the slow processing, catching up with itself stuff.

Guest scriptwizard

Reply to @vedmak: Yeah there’s bags of potential here make no mistake about that, I think it’s in its infancy trying to cope with a massive surge of market popularity, fattening out with mass sudden growth. The way the system behaves is a typical hallmark of one that is struggling at times to cope with all the activity going on at the same time. I’ve seen all this with all the other platforms, it’s the same glitchy behaviour with all the slow processing, catching up with itself stuff.

Archived