Can I uncomplete an order?

beverlyetaylor

I am a buyer and the seller wants me to uncomplete the order so that he can send me the final files (which then would show up in his slider of what he has done for people). Then I would mark it complete again.

Is this possible?

I deleted the feedback, but that didn’t do it.

Oh, and I can’t figure out how to post this in the correct place or move it.

I think I just found the answer, or at least a partial answer:

Sellers can now propose a mutual cancellation to their buyers after an order is marked as complete. While the funds from your orders are clearing, if you have any completed orders that you wish to cancel, you can revisit the order page and request a mutual cancellation to your buyer using the “Having problems with this order or your buyer? Click Here” button. If the buyer agrees to the cancellation, the feedback rating will be removed automatically.

It doesn’t say if I can then mark it again as completed (I guess by posting the feedback).

Hey there! If you cancel the order (from what i understand), even through mutual cancellation, you will need to place a whole new order. Your funds for the first order will be refunded and you will need to start all over again.

You will not have the same order number and it will be a completely new order.

If the buyer just needs to get you an amended final version, they should be able to simply “redeliver” the order through the order page. Although I am not certain if this is still an option after feedback is completed. If you remove the feedback, the seller may be able to do so, but i have never done it, so I am not positive. This would be a screen only visible by the seller for delivery, so you may want to let them know you’ve retracted the feedback and have them check to see if they can.

Alternatively, the seller can just deliver the file through a standard message, as an attachment, however this would not reflect in their “live portfolio”, which sounds like the objective they are trying to achieve.

In the end, it would be up to you how you would like to proceed regarding a cancellation and completing the order process all over again.

hope this helps!

jive-a-five

Hey there! If you cancel the order (from what i understand), even through mutual cancellation, you will need to place a whole new order. Your funds for the first order will be refunded and you will need to start all over again.

You will not have the same order number and it will be a completely new order.

If the buyer just needs to get you an amended final version, they should be able to simply “redeliver” the order through the order page. Although I am not certain if this is still an option after feedback is completed. If you remove the feedback, the seller may be able to do so, but i have never done it, so I am not positive. This would be a screen only visible by the seller for delivery, so you may want to let them know you’ve retracted the feedback and have them check to see if they can.

Alternatively, the seller can just deliver the file through a standard message, as an attachment, however this would not reflect in their “live portfolio”, which sounds like the objective they are trying to achieve.

In the end, it would be up to you how you would like to proceed regarding a cancellation and completing the order process all over again.

hope this helps!

jive-a-five

Jive-a-five, thank you so much! Yes, he wants it in his live portfolio. I did remove the feedback. I’ve bought a number of gigs from him, so we have a good working relationship and trust. I sent him your message, so he can see what he can do. He has sent me the final work via a message, so I do have it.

Archived