Is FEATURED GIGS® Noteworthy Services Random?

jackyheshi

Does anyone else feel like the front page “FEATURED GIGS® Noteworthy Services” is random, when choosing which gig to feature?

I have been here for more than a month and really active on Fiverr since day one. Everyday I see the front page when I log into Fiverr, with the “FEATURED GIGS® Noteworthy Services” having very similar gigs each update; Voice overs, logos creators, proofreaders, testimonials and the new weird gig. I know Fiverr was a freelance market years ago that’s why these gigs are the so popular here on Fiverr. But some of these gigs that are being featured are very unoriginal repetitive gigs, with only one or two orders since its creation. What makes them so “special” to be featured? I would rather like to see a variety of different gigs from each section than the same everyday. Not only would this help grow less popular sections on Fiverr but give everyone a fair chance of being promoted to that list without becoming a freelancer, voice actor, etc. What do you guys think?

Here is a picture of “FEATURED GIGS® Noteworthy Services” as of December 13, 2014.

Guest itsyourthing

My personal opinion is that they are randomly (auto) selected from the most popular categories. But yes, contact CS if you want their answer.

jackyheshi said: I know Fiverr was a freelance market years ago that's why these gigs are the so popular here on Fiverr.
I'm curious @jackyheshi, what is your definition of "freelance"?

@jackyheshi There’s a difference between featured and noteworthy gigs.

Featured gigs are hand-selected by fiverr (generally high reviews, high order value, and whatever else goes into their thinking). They have the purple ‘featured’ badge next to them.

Noteworthy gigs, as far as I know, are random gigs that fiverr have decided to give a boost in the search rankings. These gigs are typically low in sales.

Archived