How can I protect my account from scammers?

mili_bookkeeper

Question

5 answers to this question

Protecting your account from scammers is not so hard, but little tricky, I am sharing my own experience. A few weeks ago, a person asked me to fix his website. Since I was very new, I just told him my requirements, and when he provided me I started working. As per his requirement, I completed the job.

All developers take a backup before starting work, same I do. When I ask him to check. He said some of the pages had broken, I told him, no problem, I will fix it, I just ask you to check. Again I tried to convince him to say "I have a backup, so no worry". He said to do it fast, fix it on time, and submit the job. He suddenly got angry and said, "You don't fix it. I fix it myself, so if you want to finish the job, do another task". Then I get angry. and Ask him to cancel, He canceled and reported on my account.

After this, I checked his account and saw that his account has 12 reviews, and almost every person, is unhappy with him.

So, before accepting any order, must discuss and check his profile. I know its a boring story, but I hope you got my message.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, idealistb said:

Protecting your account from scammers is not so hard, but little tricky, I am sharing my own experience. A few weeks ago, a person asked me to fix his website. Since I was very new, I just told him my requirements, and when he provided me I started working. As per his requirement, I completed the job.

All developers take a backup before starting work, same I do. When I ask him to check. He said some of the pages had broken, I told him, no problem, I will fix it, I just ask you to check. Again I tried to convince him to say "I have a backup, so no worry". He said to do it fast, fix it on time, and submit the job. He suddenly got angry and said, "You don't fix it. I fix it myself, so if you want to finish the job, do another task". Then I get angry. and Ask him to cancel, He canceled and reported on my account.

After this, I checked his account and saw that his account has 12 reviews, and almost every person, is unhappy with him.

So, before accepting any order, must discuss and check his profile. I know its a boring story, but I hope you got my message.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I really appreciate your advice and insights. It's helpful to hear about the challenges you have faced and the steps I can take to protect my account. I will definitely be more careful when reviewing client profiles and having thorough discussions before starting any project. Thanks again for your guidance.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mili_bookkeeper said:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I really appreciate your advice and insights. It's helpful to hear about the challenges you have faced and the steps I can take to protect my account. I will definitely be more careful when reviewing client profiles and having thorough discussions before starting any project. Thanks again for your guidance.

You are welcome