The Challenges Freelancers Face with Design and Animation Gigs

smartermethod

As a freelancer in the design and animation field, I’ve faced some amusing yet challenging moments. One of the biggest hurdles is when clients misunderstand the differences between the services I offer. For example, when someone asks for a motion flyer but places an order for design only, it often leads to a series of messages where I have to clarify the distinctions.

There are three main options: design services, animation services, and a combination of both. It’s quite funny when clients realize their mistakes after I explain them to them. Those moments are not just frustrating; they’re also rewarding, as they show how we can turn confusion into understanding.

My journey has been filled with these little victories. When clients finally understand and trust my guidance, it creates a collaborative environment where we both succeed. I’ve had the honor of seeing my animations featured by Fiverr, which adds to the joy of this journey.

I believe sharing these experiences is important. I could write about ten to fifteen topics based on my encounters, from initial misunderstandings to the satisfaction of a completed project. If you’ve faced similar situations, I’d love to hear your stories. Together, we can navigate these challenges and grow as freelancers!image.png.3b872e215b2bd20427f1c09297de3691.png

Haha, that's sweet! If your communication skills are on point, it definitely makes things easier, even when a client is about to place another order. Clear and friendly communication can really build trust!

Edited by smartermethod
  • Like 1

Of course as freelancer communication is the key to success. I am not working on animations but I do have a small suggestion. You can write down a note on your description saying “please contact before ordering.”

this may minimise the misunderstanding that usually happens on your end