Order "canceled due to a dispute initiated by the buyer and/or their issuing bank."

bigdesigns117

Question

I have completed 95% of an order, and despite waiting for two days to receive a response from my client regarding the update on their order, I was informed that they are currently unreachable. (Image #1) This situation is reminiscent of past technical issues I have encountered on Fiverr, leading me to suspect that the recent notification may be related to a recurring issue or that I am being blocked. The order remains active, and I submitted an extension request yesterday to accommodate the time required for my client to review my updates. As they have not responded within the stipulated timeframe to either deny or accept the extension, it will be automatically granted.

However, I awoke this morning to having an empty dashboard. I check my emails to see that it was "canceled due to a dispute initiated by the buyer and/or their issuing bank". I've been using Fiverr for close to six years now and this is the first time I've seen a notice such as this. 
I have to assume that the payment was canceled by the issuing bank. Because, if the buyer had tried to cancel the order through Fiverr, we as sellers would have had an opportunity to either mutually accept or respond to their reasons for the cancellation request.

What's still confusing is if they had the funds to place the order using their card, why would the bank or the client dispute the charge? Unless they went to the bank and claimed it was a fraudulent charge to avoid paying.

Can anyone help me unravel what's happening?

Image #1.PNG

Image #2.PNG

• Like 2

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet