I need advice how to handle certain Clients

Hello,

I offer video editing services, and my Gig includes different pricing tiers based on the length of the video. For example, a 30-second video costs $30, while a 60-second video costs $45.

Unfortunately, I occasionally have clients who purchase the 30-second option but then send me videos that are 60 seconds long.

How should I handle situations like this? I havent reached out to customer support, because they haven’t been able to help usally, which is why I’m seeking your advice.

Thank you very much!

• Like 8
  • Up 1

This happens frequently with voice over artists. People purchase 100 words and then send you the entire King James Bible as a script. 

Just respond as follows:  "Hi, I noticed you purchased 100 words, but provided a script of 100,000 words. Were you intending to have me read the first 100 words as a test? If not I can send an additional offer to add the additional words you provided, Thanks."

• Like 8
  • Up 6

You could offer him a discount.

Send him this: "Hey, thanks for your trust and your order. I noticed that the video you provided is [60 seconds] long, but the service you selected includes a [3 0-second] video.

To proceed, we have a few options:

1. I can edit the first 30 seconds of the video as per the original order.
  2. If you’d like the entire [60 seconds] edited, there will be an additional charge and I can make a discount on that. Offer him a discount on the difference betweed thos two prices. For Example: 30 Seconds = 20$ | 60 Seconds = 30$ | Difference is 10$. 50% on the difference would be 5$. So 25$ for the 60 Sec Video.

Remember: As soon as you have many reviews, you can charge higher prices. Means longtime you would profit

• Like 5

On 8/31/2024 at 6:56 PM, newsmike said:

This happens frequently with voice over artists. People purchase 100 words and then send you the entire King James Bible as a script. 

Just respond as follows:  "Hi, I noticed you purchased 100 words, but provided a script of 100,000 words. Were you intending to have me read the first 100 words as a test? If not I can send an additional offer to add the additional words you provided, Thanks."

But how does that works! What are they usually saying! Today I had a really rude client! Didn't placed an order though! Which was a good thing because that would have been a disaster!

• Like 2