New Seller on Fiver- 1st ORDER

melissarocha

Question

Hi Everyone! I created my first gig last week, and since then, I have received 2 messages in my inbox with link asking me to connect so I can receive my payments- which I thought it might make sense because I had not linked any forms of payment on my account.

And at the same time, when I read the first message from HelpSupport, with AI generated message numerous icons, something tells me it is not a proper or professional message from Fiverr which left me questioning if it's real or legit. 

Can someone please tell me how first order comes in? And where do I setup receiving payments?

Also, if those two messages are scams- how come these users can use HelpSupport as their User name? Can I trust using this site moving forward?

Your help is much appreciated. 

Screen Shot 2024-07-10 at 11.34.08 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-07-10 at 12.54.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-07-10 at 12.55.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-07-09 at 9.43.05 AM.png

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

Hi @melissarocha , these messages are scams, Fiverr won't ask you to make any kind of payment upfront. these scammers are targeting new users as they don't know how to get the first sell and they fell for it. I am not sure why Fiverr allows usernames that include "Help | Support" in it, it should ban the user instantly if it includes such words, Hopefully they are working on it because i see this everywhere i go!

2 hours ago, melissarocha said:

Can someone please tell me how first order comes in? And where do I setup receiving payments?

Your first order comes either from the Gig or from a custom offer that you send to your client. other than that it is a scam. once you receive an order, you should see it the order page.

Once you deliver the order, the earnings will clear after 14 days, you can setup Paypal or credit as payment, that should be visible on your earnings page.

image.png.fd3b297726483787cf60ab0da197867d.png

Hope that helps,

Good luck

• Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok...Gotcha! Thank you so much for your explanation! I contacted my bank to alert them for possible fraud on the card which I had inputted in the link.... Not exactly happy about that ... Some people really need to find better things to do. Thanks again for you reply! 🙏