Is this supposed to affect my "Success rate"?

dade_tilellit

Question

After having a chat with the client, we agreed to a custom gig.

She accepted and few minutes later, the system starts the Gig officially.

Surprise number one: I require to do the Gig "FTP account to your website.", which has been filled as: "Creo que no es necesario" (I think is not necessary).

Surprise number two: I require for "WordPress admin credentials.", and she gives me the credentials of a NON ADMIN user.

I kindly ask her to solve the situation and gave her my availability to solve the issue if she can't give me the required permission making a call on Fiverr or wherever.

Still no answer. She just sent one single message yesterday asking for updates about the Gig, how I am supposed to advance if I have not received the required credentials to do my job?

I even tried to contact her from their site contact form and website email.

It's COMPLETELY INSANE I have to be fearing of some kind of penalties from the Fiverr platform just because the client is too incompetent to even answer messages correctly.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Up 1

4 answers to this question

37 minutes ago, dade_tilellit said:

I even tried to contact her from their site contact form and website email.

That's a violation of Fiverr's TOS. You could instead keep the conversation within the platform and contact CS and tell them about the situation.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, designwithcalm said:

That's a violation of Fiverr's TOS. You could instead keep the conversation within the platform and contact CS and tell them about the situation.

There are 1013 characters in my post, but you deliberately choose to misinterpret 75 characters of those 1013 to get around the main topic. If you have nothing of value to add stay out of the thread, thank you.

Got an update, tho. Not only the client is incompetent and unable to deliver simple credentials, she's also an ignorant and a racist. Translated from Spanish:

Hello XXX, look, giving you access as administrator poses a very big risk for us considering that you are in the Philippines and we don't know you... I'm sorry but I'm going to have to give up on you doing the work for us... It's true that when we caught you we thought you were in Spain...

Obviously after this pearl she disappears again despite I kindly offered solutions even when she's this rude.

This is clearly a client problem, WHY is this supposed to affect my success rate?

• Like 3
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, dade_tilellit said:

deliberately choose to misinterpret 75 characters of those 1013

I'm surprised that it offended you. I just tried to let you know how serious this can be. A single order would mean nothing if you go ahead and just cancel it with the CS but what you are doing can get you banned for life on the platform. It's your choice anyway.

you are in the Philippines

you were in Spain

Why is that? I'm not sure if your client is rude or racist to you but this can be a serious concern for any buyer if they see your location flippin. I can see your profile says you're from Spain. If you are a digital nomad or something just let them know about this. And if nothing works out simply go for cancellation for the sake of your mental peace.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 4/13/2024 at 1:12 PM, designwithcalm said:

I'm surprised that it offended you. I just tried to let you know how serious this can be. A single order would mean nothing if you go ahead and just cancel it with the CS but what you are doing can get you banned for life on the platform. It's your choice anyway.

My "success score" already tanked to 6 (and will stay there for life, apparently) because of an almost year-old cancellation where the client agreed it was their fault about misinformation of the web environment. CS also told me to stay cool at that time and just file the cancellation, and this is the result. Sorry if my trust to Fiverr doing things properly is 0.

On 4/13/2024 at 1:12 PM, designwithcalm said:

Why is that? I'm not sure if your client is rude or racist to you but this can be a serious concern for any buyer if they see your location flippin. I can see your profile says you're from Spain. If you are a digital nomad or something just let them know about this. And if nothing works out simply go for cancellation for the sake of your mental peace.

Again, cherry-picking to skip the main issue: she gave me the wrong credentials since the beginning. I notify her as much as 1 hour later, and then she reappears 48 hours later or more, saying she won't comply to her duty to give me the necessary credentials to do the job because I am connecting from the Philippines.

By the way, she knew I am connecting from the Philippines >>>BEFORE<<< the Gig was accepted. I never hide anything to my clients, in fact they are always very happy with me being "talkative" and explaining them every aspect of the Gig and our work relation. To be exact, I told her twice the 09 Apr 2024, 3:13 and 09 Apr 2024, 3:16 she replies 09 Apr 2024, 13:02 with no issues about it, I send the custom offer at 10 Apr 2024, 4:52, and she accepts the custom offer 10 Apr, 12:11.

I don't care about the money, the point here is whether Fiverr is going to abuse my a** and consider this for the success score or not, and guess what... surprise surprise, Forums nor CS are not able to give that kind of answer.

Edited by dade_tilellit
  • Like 2