Should I trust fiverr?

Guest jeremyhalifax88

Guest jeremyhalifax88

Say I sell something that I can’t get refunded? The buyer can obviously receive the digital good and take off…

Am I protected against fraud… incase the buyer uses a stolen credit card or anything or will I lose the money and my item?

Thanks.

No you are not. The money will be taken back. It has happened to me. Delivered a huge order for $95 and as soon as the buyer got it delivered the order was cancelled by Fiverr Support, no notice about why. I had to contact them to ask what the hell was going on. I never got my money.

Guest celticmoon

If you read through some of the forum, you’ll see that there are ways you are protected. Credit cards are policed by Paypal, so stolen cards are an extremely rare occurrence. When selling digital or graphic material you can watermark your work and wait to release a clean copy until the buyer accepts delivery and leaves a review. If he cancels after that, you have proof to show Fiverr that the buyer liked the work and is trying to steal it; support is less likely to allow a refund then. If worse comes to worse and the buyer gets a clean product and a refund, you can inform the buyer that, by getting a refund, he no longer legally owns the product and can’t use it. If he does, you’ll file a complaint with his server or provider ( they are likely to delete his account). Then follow through with the threat.

Although it can happen as shared above, the majority of time business moves smoothly on Fiverr. Only a few times out of hundreds of thousands of transactions daily go sideways.

Archived