Selling moodboards - what about copyright?

tamara_schaefer

Hello! I am new to fiverr and I want to create a gig offering interior floorplans + moodboards for inspiration with room renovations. But now I am worried concerning the copyright aspect of it.

When I create moodboards for university, work or personal use, I basically use anything I can find, especially Pinterest, general google search and furniture product images from designers or tradors websites. But when offering my moodboards on fiverr, I am not sure as to what sources I am allowed to use.

It should be obvious that I cannot really rely on free to use assets only (like unsplash or pngtree) - there's simply not enough material there and I could not portray the ideas and style I want to, even if there is great imagery, if I wasn't allowed to use Pinterest images for instance. It doesn't look like other vendors in this category are bound to any restrictions, but of course that doesn't mean what they do is always by the terms of service.

How do you solve this and what am I allowed to use? Is there a certain freedom, do I need a disclaimer, can mentioning the sources be enough?

Thank you and kind regards.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

What you are selling is your time and research ability, much like a virtual assistant. Even in school, you had to included citations, to show where your references came from, correct? While you are absolutely correct that you cannot sell the images, you can organize, categorize, and link them. (Be aware that not all countries can access all of the internet, though, so be alert to where you are pulling sources.)

Edited by imagination7413
  • Like 5
  • Up 1

• 1 year later...

Such an interesting question and one that is also perplexing me! It seems very hard to get concrete advice on this concern. tamara_schaefer I would be so grateful if you would let me know if you found out the answer/ what you did in the end? Thank you 

• Like 1