How to deal with dishonest seller when I don't have Order ID?

wrestinpeace

Question

Two days ago, I contacted a seller, "xymbolic_design", about doing work for me. Their gig said that they would do three logo designs for $95. However, when I contacted them, they tried to push me to do four logo designs for $125 instead. I told them that I didn't have the budget for it, but they kept insisting.

When I insisted that I only wanted the $95 gig, as advertised, they refused. To be clear, it wasn't an issue that they didn't have time; it was an issue that they refused to provide their advertised service unless I paid them MORE money than what they asked for.

In my opinion, this is very dishonest, and their rankings SHOULD BE reflective of such dishonest business practices. If they advertise a service, they should be able to provide it, NOT tell me that the won't do it, and instead demand more money.

So far as I can tell, Fiverr's system seems to be set up to PREVENT valid complaints about sellers as much as possible. Despite searching all over, I could find no way to report this, as reports required an Order ID, and since no order was placed, I don't have one.

These are CLASSIC switch-and-bait tactics. It is indicative of a dishonest and unreliable vendor. Yet Fiverr seems to protect such people, rather than seeking to protect actual customers.

This, and other similar situations I've faced in the past, really lead me to the conclusion that rankings on Fiverr are unreliable AT BEST.

Oh, and my question -- IS THERE any way of actually submitting a formal complaint? And if I do so, is anything likely to happen? Or will it simply be ignored?

1 answer to this question

Hi, try use this link to report. https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/community-standards-and-terms-of-service/report-violation/create-ticket

Make sure to screen capture the conversations between you and the seller as well as the gig that they advertised. Fiverr support will look into it. If the seller violate the TOS, they may result in a warning, You can read about it here. https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010880417-Warnings

Hope this helps.

Archived