New freelancer

shahadat229

Question

5 answers to this question

Hi Shahadat.

Glad to have you on fiverr. Welcome to the community.

I started selling here on fiverr about 4 months back. It took me about 20 days to get my first order.

Things get significantly easier once you have 2-5 reviews on your page.

Here is what helped me:-

1) Be active on Buyer request page.

2) If possible write a custom offer for all the requests on the request page as it assures the buyer that you actually went through the request.

3) Be darn good at the work you do.

4) Do some work for free. Trust me this will help a ton going forward once you have a loyal client base. 

5) Respond quickly. Ideally within 10 minutes of a buyer contacting you. This prevents them from choosing other sellers who respond quickly.

6) Lastly, Leo up the grind. First few orders are very tough to get but things get exponentially simpler as you progress.

All the best for your journey!

14 hours ago, spiritual_lama said:

4) Do some work for free. Trust me this will help a ton going forward once you have a loyal client base. 

BAD IDEA. Fiverr itself says so. 

Know your value
Fiverr’s services start at $5.00. While it can be tempting to offer promotions or discounts to start your orders rolling in, offering your work for free is not a recommended approach to connect with or entice potential buyers. Set your potential buyers' expectations and set the precedent that your work can’t be obtained for free. It’s essential to know your worth as a seller and not to compromise it to attempt to attract buyers.

Source: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010949038-4-Things-to-Do-Before-Creating-Your-Gig?segment=seller

On 11/10/2021 at 6:19 AM, imagination7413 said:

BAD IDEA. Fiverr itself says so. 

I agree with you on this. 

But this is important in the initial days on fiverr as a seller when one has no credibility. I do time stamps for people on YouTube and when I had no reviews I used to do 1 or 2 videos for free just so that they could get an idea of my work.

Today many of my regular clients are people for whom I did demo work. 

PS - Fiverr would definitely recommend you to not do sample work because it eats up their revenue lol.

1 minute ago, spiritual_lama said:

demo work

2 minutes ago, spiritual_lama said:

sample work

This is different. You stated "Do some work for free." and NOT "Be willing to to offer a small sample of your work as proof or a trial."

I still have disagreements with free sample work, but, as an agreement between a buyer and seller is a contract, wording and phrasing is important

13 hours ago, imagination7413 said:

This is different. You stated "Do some work for free." and NOT "Be willing to to offer a small sample of your work as proof or a trial."

I still have disagreements with free sample work, but, as an agreement between a buyer and seller is a contract, wording and phrasing is important

Oh I see your point now. I was not able to articulate my point properly in the first answer.

Thank you for pointing it out. Cheers

Archived