SUGGESTION regarding NOTIFICATION SYSTEM

bkaric

I would kindly suggest that you expand the notification box, or at least somehow allow more notifications to be seen somewhere else. Because there is certain amount you can load and then it stops. It happens that clients post updates, while I am sleeping and when I try to check my notfications in the morning there are so many of them that I can’t see further than 7hours ago (let’s say I wasn’t onlne for 10 hours).

I beleive that the change in notification system would benefit both buyers and sellers, since I (or any other seller) might not see an update due to this problem and it will create a whole mess in seller/buyer relatioship and communication.

I really do hope that you can help out with this.

Reply to @kjblynx: I do check it almost right away (first I have to drink a gallon of coffee 🙂 ) but some of the notifications get lost.

You are right, email isn’t 100% reliable and your idea of the notification system being as it is here is great. It would save a lot of time for me, instead of going through emails.

Not to mention that every time I open the notification panel, I quickly click “load more” and scroll down to see the first new notification I received, but before I reach there they all get marked as read and can’t find out which was the first one 😦

I’ve had a buyer tell me that the notification bubble system is hard to notice due to its small size and positioning… it was much better in Fiverr v1 where notifications were displayed as long horizontal bars, although that cluttered the dashboard…

Suggestion: when you have notifications, a callout shape should appear below the notification bubble saying that you’ve got unread notifications - this way everyone will notice that bubble.

Reply to @woofy31:

Woofy31 said: Not to mention that every time I open the notification panel, I quickly click "load more" and scroll down to see the first new notification I received, but before I reach there they all get marked as read and can't find out which was the first one

OMG....this!!! This is the thing that annoys me the most. I used to think it was the cancellation policy, but no. It is this! Why oh why do all of the unread notifications become read as you scroll not up but down? Why??????
Not to mention it sometimes gets stuck in a perpetually green state, even after reading all of the notifications. At other times the green bubble lags. I see an increase in the number of things "To DO" but no green bubble.

You know, at least they should have made that notification panel resizable, so that we can choose how many items we see at a time, not make it fixed to 5 items… it can’t be that hard to make it resizable since changing the “max-height” and “height” properties dynamically using JavaScript is all that’s required…

Oh, not to mention that a “mark all as read” button below the “show more” button would be heaven since this way we can see all unread notifications without automatically being marked as read and losing track…

It would be the best to have a LOAD MORE button that will show you let’s say the last 48h of notifications with bolded unread updates.

Both of you made a great point about the system showing everything as read when scrolled down, not to mention the fact that the green bubble is green for me all the time.

Maybe all of this will be changed.

Archived