I bought FAKE traffic and Google deactivated my Adsense account

hudsonmediaroom

I learned my lesson the hard way after buying web traffic from a Fiverr gig.

The gig claimed the traffic was from Facebook… so I thought it was legit. About a week into the campaign, I got an email that my adsense account was deactivated due to invalid activity. I about died!

Quite honestly I didn’t blame the Seller. I knew it was too good to be true…eventually.

Google couldn’t pin point it, but they’re not idiots.

I did beat myself up for half a day. I’m still freaking out that I fell into the trap. This lesson has prompted me to get back into some real blood, sweat and tears SEO training… no fake sh*t. I use to know what works with SEO but it gets more challenging every so many months to keep up.

I don’t care if others use the easy way out for traffic or likes, I just do not think it’s a good business strategy at all.

I’ll stick to word of mouth, social shares (the real ones), maybe even some paid advertising. That’s it!

Well, I hope I can.

I also used “real traffic” from fiverr, but… it wasnt real.<br /> I bought likes for a facebook page but in a few days...the likes were gone, more than half.<br /> <br /> I wasnt surprised, but anyway…I hoped that the likes will be REAL.

Nothing was real there.

About your blog, you could export your blog and import it using another mail address.

At least you wouldn`t loose your content and you can try to make another new blog with the same content…but as a new one.

I know that this could not help you very much, it takes time to get real traffic again…

I really feel sory for this,if it seems too good to be true, than it is fake…

Good luck!

@};- %%-

Guest celticmoon

Thank you, @hudsonmediaroom & @collegesweetie, for sharing your stories! There are literally thousands of gigs selling “real” followers & likes, and obviously people do buy these things even knowing they’re probably breaking their site’s Terms of Service. And everyone’s happy until someone gets hurt. Ouch! Getting booted off someplace you’ve settled into comfortably must hurt, and hindsight is always 20/20. I’ve seen so many newbies asking if they should maybe try these types of gigs, looking for a fast way to grow, and lots of folks respond, urging them not to fall into that trap, but sometimes they need to hear why this is a bad idea from someone who got burned.

I hope you recover quickly from this setback, and I’m sure you’ll go on to be successful because you’ve taken this as a lesson learned & moved on. Good for you!

Thank you @celticmoon. Exactly why I posted this here…to provide tips for sellers. I am not looking for someone to tell me “buying traffic is against Terms of Use/Service for most sites…blah blah blah.” Your comments are always well received and welcomed.

I have definitely learned from so many mistakes. In life…in general. I’m doing pretty good too. I still mess up, but it makes me smarter and wiser. I’m not perfect…and it’s okay 🙂

Thank you again 🙂

Guest celticmoon

Great attitude! I have no doubt you’ll find happiness & a sense of satisfaction in your life with that frame of mind! And good, solid friends, too~

Best wishes to you!

Archived