Definately ready to call it quits now...unless....?

angemac23

I had a few issues when I first started on this site but they were corrected and I had some success for quite a while. Than I started noticing that people were wanting to see my blog but were not ordering my gig anymore. My gig is accepting guest posts from travel bloggers and posting their posts on my blog. The only way buyers will buy my gig is if they can see my blog to see if it is suitable for them to post on. At first I was sending them a link to my blog for them to view it and they would order the gig if they liked it. This went good for a while and than, suddenly, potential buyers were not able to click on my link to see my blog anymore! I found out that was because Fiverr does not allow sellers to post a link to a personal site while interacting with buyers. So I started telling potential customers to do a search for my blog by searching the name of it in a search engine…but they have not been doing this I presume because it is too much work and hassle so I have not received a gig in a very long time even though I am getting requests daily from buyers who want to see my blog and possible buy the gig. I feel I am wasting my time and see no way to correct this unless someone else has a suggestion. I like the idea of this site but the last few weeks it has been a complete waste of my time…all I am doing is answering messages from buyers who want to see my blog, responding with a request for them to search for it ad getting nothing else. I see no point in continuing with this site. My particular gig requires buyers to see my blog so I don’t know why this was not mentioned at the start of my membership when I signed up…I had to go through a screening process when I posted my first gig and it still got through even though it is not appropriate?? What gives?!

So your gig has someone pay you $5 to provide you with content for your blog? Smooth. Usually I see people offering to write blog posts for $5.

Also, I do believe the TOS clearly states that you can’t link to your personal site (or any other site outside of Fiverr). With a few possible exceptions, like samples of your work on Flickr.

In the publishing world (which you obviously have no understanding of) sharing your work with a wide audience is actually a smooth move for the writer. I have more than 5000 twitter followers and a presence on a number of other social media sites and I also get thousands of unique hits a month on my blog so these people are getting A LOT of exposure. The people who order my gig know how “guest posting” works. Guests posts are widely used in the online publishing and blogging world. Also, I was not aware about the link thing because I missed that when I signed up and I SAID THAT IN MY POST ABOVE. you just repeated what I said. Maybe you should learn your facts and read things thoroughly before you throw insults at someone without knowing all the information.

I’m in sort of the same situation.

My gigs are related to WordPress and sometimes I need to get access to a person’s website. This sometimes requires me to share email so I can get an account because some buyers are a little weary about giving their login info to a stranger. Completely understandable.

I’ve already been warned once and had a gig placed under screening because I used “goog” too many times in the description.

Reply to @angemac23: It’s hard to tell tone on a message board. What you could do is post a screenshot of your blog on your gig page. You can block out the actual web address, but leave the title intact. That way if someone did Google you they could be sure they found the correct website.

It’s not a perfect solution, but it might help.

Archived