Buyer Cancelled Order - Unfair!

octaviaan

I had a gig ordered but he buyer submitted info chaotically, i thought it was about a poster, actually it was about a four paged handout. Time was running out and he was still trying to upload i do not know what handout. I told him that it is late but he said as follows, i am copy pasting: I am not in a rush for this too much but do need it before March 6th, 2014! I will give you a good review even if it’s late, not a big concern 🙂

To see a few minutes ago that he cancelled the order and gave me a negative review for not delivering on time. Sad part is that i cannot contact the buyer, i have no message button, no reply, nothing. I cannot reply to the buyers negative review, i have no right to reply back and explain this stupid reason?

What should i do know?

Thank you very much,

Octavian

If you get in touch with customer support then there is a good chance that they will remove the negative feedback for late delivery HOWEVER the other day they told me that they could not remove the negative feedback despite the customer not submitting the information that was needed on time. They see it as the sellers responsibility to offer a mutual cancellation before the gig even goes a tiny bit late 🙂 You may get lucky though, give a bash.

My experiece is that there are buyers who buy gigs, they never submit the requested information ( in my case the music track ) instead the write a word like “music” etc… fiverr sees as information submitted, when i write them they do not respond or they respond something like… "i don’t have the track, maybe next week " and the clock is counting, when i try to cancel the order the negative point is for me.

No way of contacting fiverr support on this, i started to think that some people are doing this on purpose to lower the seller rating!

If this continues i’ll have to stop selling on fiverr anymore.

octaviaan said:

Thank you very much, i followed your advice and have sent a request to Customer Support ! I was reading that they do not delete negative reviews only if it violates their terms and policies.

Good luck! In the past it was easy to get rid of late delivery negative feedback if you were waiting on the customer. Now they do not like it. They want people to get in touch with the buyer and ask for permission....even if the buyer was still about to send information. Took me three staff members to try and understand where I was coming from.

Please also know that the “Order cancelled. Seller failed to deliver on time” is an AUTOMATIC feedback message left by Fiverr and NOT the buyer. If a buyer cancels AFTER it goes late for ANY reason, that feedback is left. Even if the buyer agreed that being late was fine, if they decide to cancel instead, that message is left. that is why you cannot respond to it. It was not a response made by the buyer.

So, NEVER, EVER, EVER let your gigs go late. Even if the buyer promises to fill things in later.

I do not get the idea behind this automatic message, cancellation. Should i have just delivered something? Even if it is a photo of me from my childhood so that i do not get into this late/very late troubles, even if it was not my fault? What would you guys do in such situation?

Archived