Do 'Modifications' count against us in any way?

animusargentis

I had a fellow ask me to edit his book. Awesome. He paid a great sum of money for this.

However, after delivering, he ‘rejected’ my delivery and asked me to format his book for .epub publishing for the same sum. This was not discussed beforehand… I grumbled a bit and did it, after all, he did pay quite a bit and it takes twenty minutes if you know what you’re doing.

I’m curious if the ‘rejections’ will have any standing on my ability to gain level 2 here next week, however. Anybody know?

Reply to @madmoo: That’s somewhat silly. That’s cutting off a complete avenue of marketing. I can understand where some people might go completely overboard with it, but banning it altogether? The forums are partially designed to bring people to your gigs, no? Most of my work is aesthetically oriented; it’s a little unfair to people who work in the arts.

Reply to @madmoo: You’re also a TRS whose been here nearly four years (Fiverr almost markets for you), probably before the ban on images, so you’re not terribly hampered by that fact.

Fiverr could fix this problem by auto-resizing images to something small, but readable. It’s their weird system that makes it irritating. I’ve seen images that I’ve had to scroll, half a page.

Aren’t the sheriff’s allowed to implement their own rules? Delete any image over a certain size, allow certain things to remain?

Reply to @madmoo: shrug

I’m pretty sure most of Fiverr staff is mentally deficient. It’s a pretty crappily run site. Everything rotates around their cash flow - understandable, it’s a business… HOWEVER… It’s not good business practice. They appear to care very little about their users or what they have for input.

I’ve been in web design for nearly ten years now - started coding when I was fourteen, started my first 6 Digit business when I was seventeen.

I’m twenty four years old and own four different businesses - My Fiverr account is really a marketing ploy in and of itself - I make 250,000 dollars a year by catering to my customers, not forcing them to cater to me.

The way they model their company is stupid. I can’t put it much more succinctly than that.

Reply to @madmoo: This honestly is a way to reach out to indie authors - something I’m passionate about. To help out those underdogs who don’t have the big bucks my normal clients do.

It’s an awesome premise - the owners are just not customer-oriented, that’s all. If I offended anyone, that was not the intent.

Reply to @madmoo: No, no… You DO have a different interface - you can add, edit and delete any post. You’re basically a ‘content creator’ (since I know you run a FB page, IDK how much you’ve fiddled with admin permissions). That means you do have a different UI.

That means that the way you connect to the Fiverr forum functions on a different level than most users - you’ll have an entire host of new problems.

And in character with Fiverr… Sheriff’s are not that prevalent - they don’t care about your bugs as much as they do the normal user. Your bugs will be backburned while they fix common user interface issues, even though you save them time and money.

Archived