Received a complex order through my "accept a tip" gig

monicavids

Wow! Just when I think I’m getting the hang of this, I get another curve ball. I received an order that takes much time, preparation, and communication with the buyer, through my “accept a tip” gig, which promises 24 hour delivery. This order was probably entered this way so that the customer can take advantage of the fast turn around time listed for tips. Never dreamed someone would enter a complex order through the tip gig. I guess rather than going through communication that will probably confuse the customer, and possibly lead to another unwanted cancellation, I will try to honor the order, best I can. Just listing this on here, in case others have the potential of running into a similar situation. I just increased the delivery time for my tip gig to 14 days.

My tip gig is set to 29 days - with a LARGE 1-day delivery fee just to avoid those shenanigans.

I have heard of buyers selecting the gig with the shortest delivery time to force the seller to deliver early without paying for extras. They know you will get “dinged” if you do not deliver according to the time set. So quite a few sellers set up their gigs with EQUAL delivery times. Genius, I think.

So what are your options?

1. A cancellation aka a terribly thought-out Fiverr policy.
  2. Delivering partially. This opens the door to negative feedback if all of the order is not delivered. Another door that springs open? Negative feedback PLUS a refund initiation. What’s behind door #3? Negative feedback, a full refund, AND the buyer gets to keep whatever they were sent. So nice, you get “dinged” THRICE!

Archived