Abstract digital art no sales :(

Guest enkisart

Guest enkisart

Hey guys so I am a Graphic Designer / Illustrator and Ive created a new gig but it seems allmost impossible to make a sale … Maybe I am not good enought…
Can you take a look and give me an honest opinion ?

Guest humanissocial

How do you know if people even want this? Why would they choose you over someone else?
How would people discover you in a crowded marketplace?

These are the questions you need to ask yourself. Research your competition on Fiverr. Are you a needle in a haystack?

Guest enkisart

How do you know if people even want this? Why would they choose you over someone else?

These are the questions you need to ask yourself. Research your competition on Fiverr. Are you a needle in a haystack?

from what i have seen there are only a few illustrators doing this and those who do they ussualy doing it verry expensive for like 200$

Guest enkisart

so this was why i was asking myself considering that i am going to work cheaper then my competition Am I not good enoght ?

Guest humanissocial

so this was why i was asking myself considering that i am going to work cheaper then my competition Am I not good enoght ?

Your first problem is assuming that pricing fixes these issues. It doesn’t. Sales don’t become more likely or even more possible with lower pricing.

We’ve discussed this many times and I encourage you to research the principle of supply and demand and the role of competition in the marketplace. There are huge gaps in your understanding and it’s your responsibility to educate yourself.

Guest enkisart

Your first problem is assuming that pricing fixes these issues. It doesn’t. Sales don’t become more likely or even more possible with lower pricing.

We’ve discussed this many times and I encourage you to research the principle of supply and demand and the role of competition in the marketplace. There are huge gaps in your understanding and it’s your responsibility to educate yourself.

Thank you for the advice but I was not assuming that a lower price will boost my sales I just tought It will give me a start up because right now I am selling this service for 50$ while the competion for 200$ In my opinion to sell a gig at 200$ with no review sounds like “hey i just want a lot of free money” and it is absurd .I was just trying to build the gig credibility by getting feedback and offering a resonable price

Thank you for you kind answers anyways

Guest humanissocial

Thank you for the advice but I was not assuming that a lower price will boost my sales I just tought It will give me a start up because right now I am selling this service for 50$ while the competion for 200$ In my opinion to sell a gig at 200$ with no review sounds like “hey i just want a lot of free money” and it is absurd .I was just trying to build the gig credibility by getting feedback and offering a resonable price

Thank you for you kind answers anyways

“I just tought It will give me a start up”

Right and that’s exactly what I told you: it won’t. I never said anything about “boosting.”

As I said, you need to understand supply and demand before you can get any sales at all.

Guest enkisart

As a fellow artist here on Fiverr, I know it’s hard to sell art. Indeed, what @humanissocial said, who would be interested in your art? How do you promote it? Maybe it’d be better to teach it, instead of selling only art? Think, think, think; make a plan. This one is apparently not working.

I would love to know what did work for you ? Also Ive seen some really talented artists and Illustrators on the platform selling art for like 300-500$ and having houndreds of orders and positive reviews and I just cant get it …

I would love to know what did work for you ? Also Ive seen some really talented artists and Illustrators on the platform selling art for like 300-500$ and having houndreds of orders and positive reviews and I just cant get it …

I found a niche where there weren’t many people like me. A small niche, but a niche.

Observe what they’re doing, it might help you understand their succes.

Guest enkisart

I found a niche where there weren’t many people like me. A small niche, but a niche.

Observe what they’re doing, it might help you understand their succes.

Thank you for your kind answers Its been really helpfull I will study the market and I will try to find myself a better niche or to positionate mysell in a way that will engage more audience and potential customers

Thank you again

Guest enkisart

Get more specific. Saying ‘I do everything’ or ‘anything’ is not a good choice for an artist.

And what else should I say considering I see myself capable of illustrating anything ? 🙂

I would start by improving your gig (the one you shared here), Especially the portfolio section, it needs to show more images so potential clients can go through exactly how versatile you actually are. Just showing 1 image is no where enough and even a novice would notice that.
Basically work on the portfolio and keep applying for similar projects on buyer requests everyday without failing. Good luck with your gig.

And what else should I say considering I see myself capable of illustrating anything ? 🙂

As an artist, you can illustrate anything. But the gig should be more specific. For example, character design, concept art, book cover illustration, album cover illustration etc.

Guest enkisart

As an artist, you can illustrate anything. But the gig should be more specific. For example, character design, concept art, book cover illustration, album cover illustration etc.

Thank you all guys for your support really apreciate it bless 😇

Archived