There is no "huh?" board, so

Guest itsyourthing

Guest itsyourthing

What’s the deal with the little green “online” on some of the gigs?

Lemme re-phrase, I mean it is sort of self-explanatory… does that display when a user is logged into Fiverr or if they are logged into a service they use for “private lessons” (never saw that before either - Fiver web cam chicks, awesome 😑 ) e.g. s***e.

I guess that means no more special permission is needed to offer off-Fiverr contact gigs either - unless there’s a Fiverr messenger now? OK, someone just explain it to me please to save my scrambling through a dozen questions.

I did start through the listings on the “new help center” but I didn’t see anything about it.

Guest itsyourthing

I’m not using the app, by the way. I’m thinking it’s new (and/or experimental) - because it’s mostly-Sunday and it seems like there are changes afoot.

Thanks, madmoo. 🙂

Guest itsyourthing

Reply to @madmoo: It’s still displaying in jurbanzi’s search thumbnail for me, but I don’t see it anywhere on her gig or profile pages.

Guest itsyourthing
madmoo said: I said before that it seems unfair that it's there for some and not others ...

I guess so. I don't have the app but I can certainly see it on jurbanzi's thumbnail and now on anigram's profile page there's a blinking dot and "Contact". More wackiness. I'm not surprised. Another online agency that I recently signed up for offers mac accessibility for buyers, but not sellers.

Weird. I am now on a totally different app but it is still showing me as “online” but the dot is no longer flashing. I will try turning off the show online function in the app settings and see what that does. Function off…aaaaaand it still shows me as “online” but no flashing dot. Curiouser and curiouser?

Guest itsyourthing

Since I started the thread, I’m going to post a mini-rant.

Assuming since there was no announcement about the online notification being available without the app, it will not happen or will be a long time coming for those of us who can’t (despite ability and effort) afford a smartphone. I am angry, frustrated, disgusted and discouraged. If I find out one more thing in my little world has conspired to put me at a disadvantage, I just may crack. Seriously, the stars are lining up just to mess me over. The rest of the world is being pretty suck-y too!

Let’s see if cartoon swearing gets f-rocked: &$#!~*!

Guest itsyourthing
madmoo said: Oh well, sometimes it's better that people don't know I'm online!
Wouldn't it be totally insane if it was an option for EVERYONE!?!

&$#!!* again. *sigh* *grr* yes, I'm so fired up I'm going old school! :)

Guest itsyourthing

Reply to @kjblynx: You’ll probably do it anyway, you’re nice like that, but, could you please post whatever you find out?

Archived